Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ReddSamurai

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I thought id help a friend when she told me her Electric ram has been picked on, so i took it off her.
this is what he looks like now
2z9glci.jpg

but i think there could be something else like a disease etc

what do you think it could be?

is it contagious?

what should i do next?

i didn't really think this through :( and i don't want it to effect the fish already in my tank.

any information is muchly appreciated

well remeber its best to not add fish without QTing them but i guess this was different.
What were the tankmates in the old tank? Did they have this?
if i had to guess id say its not contagious but im not sure,the closest thing i could compare this to is Hole In The Head but i dont think thats it.

ermmm im not sure what other fish she had but she did say he wasn't like this the day before yesterday and no other fish has anything on them.
behavior wise hes acting like any normal ram.

hmm so you see no,

feeding issues?

swimming issues?

Strange behavior?

nope, well i haven't fed him yet. but hes pecking/foraging amongst the plants and moving round fine

okay well if thats a male then hes probaly stressed out to the max, id say that maybe those are bruises although, if you can provide another tank to put him in that might help him heal faster.

Could just be colour loss due to stress?

Update
33jsg8z.jpg

i think hes looking better...if it is a he, kinda hard to tell at the moment

Poor little guy! I think he looks better today too! Is he eating alright though? Is it just me or does his tummy look a little sunken in?

Also, any open injuries can be the breeding ground for infections, so good water quality is really important then!

yea hes eating, probably not getting much as he'd like though...oh yea i never noticed that Meeresstille im going to go have a look now.
the sore on his head has almost completely gone, yeup im keeping on top of the water conditions :D

I agree with the sunken belly appearance on the Sept. 6th pic.  :/

If QT is possible, I think its best, especially since you don't know exactly what you are looking at...

had him in his own tank for the past 2 weeks but unfortunately died today but i am 90% it was due to an internal parasite, bit worried about the tank he was in for a couple days at the start now.
do you think it would be wise to use something as a preventative just in case?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back