Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kgforlife

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I have a55g tank and I added some java fern's and today I noticed snails in the tank. They are no bigger than the size of a pencil tip but I want to stop them now. I have a kissing gourami some cories a firemouth some tetras and a plec .. Do any of these fish eat them? Also are there any techniques to stop them? I am not going to use any chemicals. Hurry please!

None eat them, but stick some lettuce in their and leave it over night,a n then remove it in the mornign with a lot of snails. Or put a copper soloution in their, and they will die, but then you have to clean up dead bodies.

snails arent always a bad thing. i have trumpet snails in my tank and they have their benefits. if you want to get rid of them try using a piece of cucumber tied with a weight to the bottom of the tank with the light off then remove it when the snails are on it. none of the fish you have will eat snails to my knowledge.

snails arent always a bad thing. i have trumpet snails in my tank and they have their benefits. if you want to get rid of them try using a piece of cucumber tied with a weight to the bottom of the tank with the light off then remove it when the snails are on it. none of the fish you have will eat snails to my knowledge.

Yeah trumpet snails are VERY beneficial in aquariums with sand.

Thanks for the quick reply yea I have sand but last time I had snails I woke up to hundreds but if they didn't multiply I would keep them btw they seem to be brown with black tips not good with snails anyone know what they are

Most reactions

trending

Back