Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

betta_luvr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My dad thought me and my mum had picked up an aquarium today - he had no clue about "fishless cycling" and has just come home with a betta. I have nothing to put him in until tomorrow and the LFS is closed. Somebody help. :shout:

Whats he in right now? a cup or a bag? If hes in a cup give him some fresh water and he should be fine until tomorrow. Unless you have some kind of tupperware container in your house you could put him in or you could always run to walmart or somewhere similar and buy a small critter keeper if you dont want to keep him in the cup over night. Walmart also sells aquariums if you want to go that route.

put him in a 2litre icecream bucket and put it on the fridge to keep warm.
Don't have too much water in it because the fish might jump out. Fill it about 2/3 with water.

What about a jug or a mixing bowl. I'm sure you're mum wont mind just this once :D

You must have a glass bowl in the house, as long as you don't fill the water to the top.

Success!
Mum did one of those back-of-the-cupboard jobs.
He's in a huge flora tub.
]: Doesn't look too pleased about the whole situation.

Bless him.
There alot to learn and equipment to buy.
You will need.
Tank
Substrate.
Plants
Declorinator,
Net.
Water test kits liquid form are the best in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
Filter.
Heater.

I'm sure he will be fine. Just make sure he is warm and can't jump out of the tub and get up nice and early to go get what you need :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back