Help. Worms

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Ellabee

Reaction score
Hi. Ok Iā€™m fed up with recently having worms in my tanks. They are the kind that you see that are above the waterline and glass tops maybe on a sit tube!! They are gross and itā€™s really a problem. I have vacuumed the substrate numerous times. Water changes as well. Iā€™ve repeatedly cleaned the filters. I want them gone!!! What can I use to kill them thatā€™s safe for my fish! I have several different aquariums with several types of fish. Anything from discus to black ghost knife to angels, rams, hill stream loaches, clowns, plecos, corys, cichlids, pictus cats, severum, dojos, tetras, glass cats, danios, gouramis. Upside down cats, etc. I used the microbe Lyft expellent, Still worms. What will kill these worms???
I also wonder if itā€™s the brand or type of food, the flakes. I have cut back drastically on feeding, but no noticeable change. I even have large canister filters with uv lights. Iā€™ve had aquariums as long as I can remember, but never worms.

Last edited:
Actually most fish with mouth big enough to eat the worms will eat them.

What fish do you have in your tank right now?
You can try putting some of your Tetras or Danios or Gouramis in the tank.

Hi. Ok Iā€™m fed up with recently having worms in my tanks. They are the kind that you see that are above the waterline and glass tops maybe on a sit tube!! They are gross and itā€™s really a problem. I have vacuumed the substrate numerous times. Water changes as well. Iā€™ve repeatedly cleaned the filters. I want them gone!!! What can I use to kill them thatā€™s safe for my fish! I have several different aquariums with several types of fish. Anything from discus to black ghost knife to Angels Rams clowns Hill store in LotuI have several different aquariums with several types of fish. Anything from discus to black ghost knife to angels, rams, hill stream loaches, clowns, plecos, corys, cichlids, pictus cats, severum, dojos, tetras, glass cats, danios, gouramis., etc. I used the microbe Lyft expellent, Still worms. What will kill these worms???
Thereā€™s a couple of typos. Hill stream loaches
Actually most fish with mouth big enough to eat the worms will eat them.

What fish do you have in your tank right now?
You can try putting some of your Tetras or Danios or Gouramis in the tank
Actually I have lost quite a few since this began. I believe they are parasitic. I have all the fish mentioned above in various tanks. I really want them dead and gone. They are gross crawling up the glass, above the waterline.

Actually most parasites are too small to be seen with our eyes except for anchor worms.

I guess you are seeing detritus worms that are harmless.
When you have leftover food, they will grow more.
Just put some fish and they will eat them all.

Other pests are like Hydra and planaria that probably can kill some small fish and shrimps.

Can you take some photos but I am not an expert in worms?

Actually most parasites are too small to be seen with our eyes except for anchor worms.

I guess you are seeing detritus worms that are harmless.
When you have leftover food, they will grow more.
Just put some fish and they will eat them all.

Other pests are like Hydra and planaria that probably can kill some small fish and shrimps.

Can you take some photos but I am not an expert in worms?
Thanks. Iā€™ll get some photos today. Even if they are harmless, theyā€™re gross. I just want to get rid of them. I canā€™t put small fish in most of my tanks. They would be eaten. And then the tanks I do have with small fish, they arenā€™t eating the worms.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back