Help With Material For 3000 Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You'll have to get scuba gear so you can go inside and clean it etc.... lol

Oh yeah...don't be putting any sharks in there then getting your scuba on and climbing in now, it's such a great project I'd like you to be here to show us the finished article :lol:

http://www.ptcmetrology.com/aquarium.htm is the link to the web cam i thought this was the 1700 gallon tank but this was a 2400 gallon tank still cool to see lol
i was thinking of some sharks but after thinking of getting in the tank with my Electra cat and pacu's ive decided to rig some cleaning rods lmao if everything goes well i hope to start the real tank come summer time ,so far so good.

i thought about over run to, but mostly for mistakes and god forbid having to redo a wall or something so i figure it will be best to get a construction loan so if i do need the extra all i have to do is call the bank and i'll be set plus if it runs way under what i think it would be then i save alot on interest lol
but still thanks for posting someone else may read this one day looking to build their own and over look it its not the big things that will cause your project to fail but all the little things that add up to failure

a couple of different people on ####.com had built tanks from 5000 to something like 15000 gals.I remember seeing pics of the guys basement,it was just a couple of narrow hallways with glass on each side.craziest tanks I've ever seen.He had his buddy use scuba gear to clean the glass and do maintenance.They both put step by step of pretty much evrything,tanks ,filters,filling,stocking and material lists.

I'm being a bit dense here i think :blush: but let me get my head around this. Do you want a tank tank? as in glass see through sides etc or more like a pond?

If you google 50,000 gallon tank, you should find the guy who built his 50,000 gallon tank and i do mean tank, see thru and stuff. Plus there are pics, which makes it look really cool. I can't say the forums, so find the article youselfs =P

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back