Help with fish illness

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SRCTR

Reaction score
I have a hybrid mbuna in a 65 with 8 other tank mates. They were moved into this tank over the course of 3 weeks and this one was the last one in. He was the alpha of the other tank and adjusted into the new space well. Almost two weeks later he started developing what looked like a fungus infection, little tufts under the scales. I did a water change and started a fungus treatment. He was still fairly active and continued to eat. 2 days into the treatment they got their second dose. The next day it looked like more was developing on his head. Early This morning he looked decent but I saw scales were starting to fall off. Now he looks awful and I doubt he’ll make it. But I don’t know what this is I, can anyone help me. He was the only one suffering from this illness out of everyone in the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_9421.JPEG
    IMG_9421.JPEG
    100.8 KB · Views: 338
The image 2562 the fish looks like it has excess mucous either from a protozoan infection or something in the water, perhaps the medication or poor water quality if the filter bacteria have been wiped out.

The image 2562 the fish looks like it has excess mucous either from a protozoan infection or something in the water, perhaps the medication or poor water quality if the filter bacteria have been wiped out.

So during the transition to the new tank this fish was the last one to be moved in, and he was 100% for a good week and a half before the white specks appeared. He is the only one to get it. He's about 4 years old and has never been ill before.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back