Help with care and ID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I ended up getting 2 medium sized pieces of Malaysian driftwood and a nice sized rock to prop the wood on. I'm gonna let the wood soak until tomorrow to get rid of some tannins. Thanks again for all the help!

I know it's not a big deal but it made me really happy to see the pleco come out from under the driftwood today. I had the tank light turned off and a sat in front of my tank for about 15 minutes and the pleco came out from hiding and was moving around the tank but staying mostly near the driftwood :) I'm so excited to set up the driftwood cave tomorrow

Here's his driftwood cave all set up :) I'm tempted to get a Java Fern to put on top of the wood

Attachments

• 20201230_192623~2.jpg
    20201230_192623~2.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 56
@Gypsum @Salts155R
I saw him chilling out in his cave today but I wanted to make sure it's normal, while I was watching him I watched one of my Albino corys swim into his cave. When he went in the cave the pleco darted at the cory and flared up his fins. He darted at the cory again and the cory swam out of the cave. Is that normal behavior for a clown pleco? He's not actually hurting the cories just flaring and darting at them.

I don't know. Mine ignores the corys, but it's a female. Males of most pleco species are territorial about caves because they will protect the eggs and fry in said cave, whereas females are less so.

Thanks again for all the help! He is doing really well. I watched him in his cave today and I saw him eat a small bloodworm plus a few pieces of crushed algae wafer. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back