Help With African Dwarf Frogs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

courtney95

Reaction score
I need some help with my African Dwarf frogs. I got 2 adorable frogs for Christmas this past year and I decided to add a fish and another frog, so I did, but I never knew what sex they all were. Now, one of my frogs are buzzing. Yes, I know that's normal but I was wondering if that meant that there was a female in the tank too and if there is going to be some breeding going on. Or is my frog just singing to sing? Also, if my frogs do mate will I need to remove my fish from the tank so it won't eat the eggs or what? Please help!! Thank you! :)

I need some help with my African Dwarf frogs. I got 2 adorable frogs for Christmas this past year and I decided to add a fish and another frog, so I did, but I never knew what sex they all were. Now, one of my frogs are buzzing. Yes, I know that's normal but I was wondering if that meant that there was a female in the tank too and if there is going to be some breeding going on. Or is my frog just singing to sing? Also, if my frogs do mate will I need to remove my fish from the tank so it won't eat the eggs or what? Please help!! Thank you! :)

Ok
fish and ADF generally do not make good tankmates. What type of fish is it and how many gallons/liters is your tank?
ADF males will sing whether or not there is a female in the tank - they are simple and never know if another new frog may appear!

If they do breed, you will need to either remove the frogs and fish, or remove the eggs. If you leave the eggs in the tank then the eggs and any tads that hatch will get eaten.
ADF tadpoles also need to eat live food, they are not filter feeders like the ACF.

Uuuumm true species only tanks for frogs also males will only crack if there is a female otherwise they dnt really make a noise so good chances there

Sexing dwarf frogs is easy males have a small whit lump behind their front limbs females dont :)

Even solitary males in a tank with out other frogs will call :good:.
They don't understand "tanks" and limits, all they know is there could be a mate out there and they won't find her unless they call for her.

Also, for sexing females, they have a small bump on their rear end called a cloaca, this is used in passing waste and laying eggs.

Even solitary males in a tank with out other frogs will call :good:.
They don't understand "tanks" and limits, all they know is there could be a mate out there and they won't find her unless they call for her.

Also, for sexing females, they have a small bump on their rear end called a cloaca, this is used in passing waste and laying eggs.
its a shame mine never call i think i have some faulty ones :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back