HELP! Why are my guppy fry dying?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 6 baby guppies, and I have them in a large breeder box. I have a sponge filter running outside of the breeder box. But I have found a few dead ones on the bottom of the breeder box recently. Hopefully in a week I'll be able to move them into the 20 litre (five gallon tank that they're in). I have kept baby plates in a breeder box for MONTHS and had no dead ones before. Why are my fry dying, and what can I do to stop it for another week???
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 151
Is your tank fully cycle? If not nitrite and ammonia might have killed a fish.

probably poor water quality (ammonia, nitrite, low pH).

do a 75% water change every day for a couple of weeks and see if it helps.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

i agree with large water changes. Is the food staying in the breeder box or washing out? Powdered food is probably floating out. Make sure they are getting enough.

My Guppy fry are in a 20 litre (5 gallon) tank all for themselves now! So they're thriving! :) :fish:
Thanks for all the advice!
That is good, enjoy your new fish, remember to keep up doing weekly water changes with the new tank and add some live plants to help absorb the ammonia and nitrates ;) Has the new tank been cycled?

I have a guppy/shrimp tank and had an explosion of guppy fry o_O must have over 60-70 before I took the females out so try not to let them get out of control. With 1 male and 7 females it happened fast for me. :wub:He had a good time while it lasted.:fish:

Attachments

• GEDC1171.JPG
    GEDC1171.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 150

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back