Help! What’s wrong with my fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scarlkatieee

Reaction score
I just checked my tank and have noticed one of my Glowlight Tetra’s swimming rather strangely. Is this Swim a ladder or something else? It’s only the one fish, none of the others seem to be affected.
It seems to keep turning to the side or turning upside down, is there anything I can do to help it and will it affect the others?
Thanks!
F7DA44A7-A6B3-4CE9-9AF0-225E1E5299A8.png

Attachments

• 62AD0448-4F13-4C3A-933F-CCA92A1BF225.png
    62AD0448-4F13-4C3A-933F-CCA92A1BF225.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 115
It does seem like a swim bladder condition. Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do that is likely to help.
There are medications you can get but I don't know how efficient they are. If its a swim bladder problem it won't affect your other fish.

It does look like maybe bladder condition, did you check to see if there is any fin damage? I have a 1/2 inch fry that has fin damage and swims like he has bladder condition that I have in a fry net.

It does seem like a swim bladder condition. Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do that is likely to help.
There are medications you can get but I don't know how efficient they are. If its a swim bladder problem it won't affect your other fish.
I suspected so, thanks for your answer!

It does look like maybe bladder condition, did you check to see if there is any fin damage? I have a 1/2 inch fry that has fin damage and swims like he has bladder condition that I have in a fry net.
I looked to see if the fins and gills were okay and free of any injuries etc, there’s no visible explanations. I’m hoping he’ll make it. Thanks for your reply!

I looked to see if the fins and gills were okay and free of any injuries etc, there’s no visible explanations. I’m hoping he’ll make it. Thanks for your reply!
I hope so to, unfortunately I found my injured fry dead :( just now while I was doing my weekly water change my other injured fry is doing better and can swim almost normally now.

I had 3, one apparently escaped last week while I was doing a water change, he was the one uninjured-have not seen him since. But the one left looks good but needs a couple more weeks to heal and grow more so they leave him alone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back