FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bribee90

Reaction score
I've had my Halfmoon Betta, Angel, for about 2 months. I noticed this weird growth(?) on him this morning and I've been super worried about it. Can anybody help me identify it?

I keep his water between 78 - 85 degrees. I change it and condition it every week. He's fed twice a day (Aqueon Betta Food)

Attachments

• 20170711_210742.jpg
    20170711_210742.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 225
Hi, sorry to hear about your betta. I would think it is fungus. Hope others more knowledgeable than me will chip in. Hope you betta gets better!

It looks like a tumor,

Or just possibly lymphocystis, though it doesn't look quite right for that in the photo.

Do you think if I get one of the "first aid kits" I've been hearing about, something in there will help? He isn't exhibiting any weird behavior. He still gets excited when he sees food is on the way. He's still pretty active...

Hi, sorry to hear about your betta. I would think it is fungus. Hope others more knowledgeable than me will chip in. Hope you betta gets better!

That's what I thought! I hope I can get some more incite. Thanks for your input!

I don't know what exactly is in the 'first aid kit' you mentioned, but before treating the fish with any medication you must know what it is you need to treat. Adding a medication 'to see if it does anything' is not the best approach.

The problem is trying to work out what the condition is, as you are finding out :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back