HELP! What to do with baby Betta fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

What should I do with them?

• Euthenize the baby fish you don't want when they get bigger.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make them frozen fish food for my other fish when they get bigger.

• Kill them before they develop.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok before I say anything, can we see a photo of your male and females.

This is a low quality Bettas future most will die in those containers,
slaAmH4.jpg

You will be lucky if they buy your fish at $1 each.

This is one of my Males, a Betta like this is worth around $50 retail
xUjl973.jpg

Bettas are one of the most mistreated fish in the hobby ( right along side Guppies Mollies and Platies )
Are you speaking to me? Well all my bettas are in at least 5-gallon tanks nd the males are always separated. A have a few community tanks of 20-gallons each and sorority tanks too. All my betta fish are happy and there are no problems if that's what you're worried about.

I agree, Before breeding any fish you should know what you are doing, how many fry to expect and what you are going to do with the fry.

How are you going to house all these fry when it comes time to separate then?
Well I have 600 containers to put them in.

I think it's good you bred fish. Not enough people breed fish and the more you breed, the less crap we have to import from Asia. This means fewer introduced diseases and healthier fish because they aren't living in stagnant pools fed with sewerage, or being doped up with chemicals that were outlawed in most countries 50 years ago.

Having said that, Bettas are easy to sell but some fishes (mainly cichlids) can be hard to sell especially if you have lots of them. So you do have to make sure you only keep as many fry as you can sell or give away. But with your Bettas, go for it, breed them and supply the local fish shops. Hell I would much rather buy locally bred stock and imported fish any day.
Agreed.

Most reactions

trending

Back