HELP! What do I do with these guys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I found 3 mystery snail eggs the other day. I also noticed a bunch of little snails that looked like mysteries in my tank. Well this morning I look and I see 4 CLUTCHES, I REPEAT 4 CLUTCHES. 2 have hatched and 2 haven’t. I would like to do the container with moist towel method. Can someone explain how I should go about doing this?

Attachments

• 079C732B-4D86-4338-BE3E-E4AE386CB414.jpeg
    079C732B-4D86-4338-BE3E-E4AE386CB414.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 69
I had mystery snails, unless you want more snails I would just wipe them off. Mystery snails lay their eggs above the water line. If you want more snails just leave them and see what happens. I got rid of my mystery snails because they devoured many of my plants. They are a good looking snail.

If they didn't hatch, they are most likely to be infertile.
I could be wrong, you always can hatch them yourself (I don't know how:S).

I had mystery snails, unless you want more snails I would just wipe them off. Mystery snails lay their eggs above the water line. If you want more snails just leave them and see what happens. I got rid of my mystery snails because they devoured many of my plants. They are a good looking snail.
I definitely want them to maybe sell. 2 have already hatched so leaving them would work most likely. I don’t want them to hatch in that tank tho so how can I “artificially” hatch them in a container?

You could try removing them but you may damage the eggs. I have never tried it, I just wiped them off. Like I said they are a good looking snail so there would be a market for them. Good luck. If you do remove them keep them close to water but not in it. If you put the eggs in water they will drown.

You could try removing them but you may damage the eggs. I have never tried it, I just wiped them off. Like I said they are a good looking snail so there would be a market for them. Good luck. If you do remove them keep them close to water but not in it. If you put the eggs in water they will drown.
Ok. I know people put them in containers with wet paper towels to keep the moist and I want to do this so I can control what tank they go in. It’s impossible for me to get every snail in my tank that they bread in know so I guess I’ll have to wait till they get bigger. How long do they take to get size on them?

Maybe someone else who have raised snails would know, I just wipe them off. ;) But if they are like pond snails they will grow fairly fast at first. You could try snail traps to catch them if they invade your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back