Help! What are these spore like particles on my tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Cirque1

Reaction score
61FCEAF8-3DB0-4A7C-AACD-380EC237BB3B.jpeg

Does anyone know what this is please? Spore type white particles. I did a water change 6 days ago but it has returned as before. Iā€™ve just checked my water parameters and there appears to be a spike. Ammonia at 1.0ppm nitrite at 0.50ppm and nitrate at 5.0ppm. The fish appear fine and have been happily living in the tank for 4 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my community tank, as with all my tanks, is very precious to me

What's in the tank? Plants and livestock wise?

Have you changed anything recently? Added anything new or changed any filter media perhaps? Do you have any white filter floss in the filter? Is this just on the glass, or also floating in the water, on the substrate etc?

Thank you for your reply. In answer to the questions,
The tank is 60litres and houses platys, 2 Bettas and a recently added guppy.
I gave my filter a good rinse (in a bucket with the original tank water) but donā€™t have any white filter floss. Iā€˜m quite new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated. The white flecks are on substrate and the one plant in there. I just did a 50% water changed but once the water settled it has started to attach to the tank again. A small amount but I know it will increase as the days go. Itā€™s so strange and a worry too.

Thank you for your reply. In answer to the questions,
The tank is 60litres and houses platys, 2 Bettas and a recently added guppy.
I gave my filter a good rinse (in a bucket with the original tank water) but donā€™t have any white filter floss. Iā€˜m quite new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated. The white flecks are on substrate and the one plant in there. I just did a 50% water changed but once the water settled it has started to attach to the tank again. A small amount but I know it will increase as the days go. Itā€™s so strange and a worry too.
Oh no, you really need to get a separate tank for at least one of the bettas. Bettas are called Siamese Fighting Fish for a reason, they should never be housed together.

They are fine, mother and daughter and get on very well. They sleep in the Betta log together. Any ideas what the white spores might be?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back