Help the new guy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Newfishguy124

Reaction score
What up. I've had this guy for awhile and recently was changing pond situation. Put them in quarantine and notice these marks. Is there anyone that can help me diagnose these and treatment. I've put prazi pro in a couple days ago. The white fish has it near top fin and dot at end tail Thanks for helping a newbie.

Attachments

• 20230608_121634(0).jpg
    20230608_121634(0).jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230608_121630.jpg
    20230608_121630.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230608_121645.jpg
    20230608_121645.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 22
Hello New. Clean water conditions is the only thing that helps fish. Medications, to me, are never the answer, because most times the tank keeper doesn't know if there's a problem with the fish or not. I'd perform a bit larger than normal water change and get your fish back into their tank. Then, feed just a bit each day and work up to the point you're removing and replacing half the tank water every week. Pond or regular fish tank, makes no difference. The water still needs to changed regularly. Never miss a water change!

10 Tanks (Now 11)

I can't tell what's wrong (if anything) from these pictures. As 10t said, keep the water clean; goldfish are pretty durable critters if you give them a clean place to live.

Be advised, though, common goldfish need a really big tank. Are you planning on keeping them inside long-term, or will they be going back to a pond?

Some scale loss might have happened just from being netted and moved from the pond etc, that can be rough on fish, but easy enough to manage with clean fresh water.

@Colin_T Any thoughts?

Agree with @WhistlingBadger , these are fish that really need a pond, or an absolutely enormous tank if kept in an aquarium! I think the red mark on the nose might just be the fish's marking?

I can't tell what's wrong (if anything) from these pictures. As 10t said, keep the water clean; goldfish are pretty durable critters if you give them a clean place to live.

Be advised, though, common goldfish need a really big tank. Are you planning on keeping them inside long-term, or will they be going back to a pond?
Thanks. Your right the water was very bad in the pond..murky. I bet trying to catch them stressed them out. I'll take water change advice. Yes they will go back in new pond with new oase filter and new aeration. I've treated water with minn fin as well. Couple weeks and I'll put back in pond .

Some scale loss might have happened just from being netted and moved from the pond etc, that can be rough on fish, but easy enough to manage with clean fresh water.

@Colin_T Any thoughts?

Agree with @WhistlingBadger , these are fish that really need a pond, or an absolutely enormous tank if kept in an aquarium! I think the red mark on the nose might just be the fish's marking?
Thanks yes im going with advice. Going in a 100 Gallon quarantine tank for a couple week and watch them. I have koi in quarantine now so goldfish have 70gallon tank for now
Hello New. Clean water conditions is the only thing that helps fish. Medications, to me, are never the answer, because most times the tank keeper doesn't know if there's a problem with the fish or not. I'd perform a bit larger than normal water change and get your fish back into their tank. Then, feed just a bit each day and work up to the point you're removing and replacing half the tank water every week. Pond or regular fish tank, makes no difference. The water still needs to changed regularly. Never miss a water change!

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Thank you. Yes im taking advice. I'll post better pics next time. I'm in the process of moving koi around. New to the hobby and sure I'll need help and advice. Anyone with koi experience be ready 😆.
Thanks to all replying members

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back