Help stocking BiOrb

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
here is the link
. Iā€™m no expert so would suggest getting second/third opinions from this lot. I tried this before finding this forum.

pls note Iā€™ve got 2 biorbs with this installed, fingers crossed Iā€™ve had no issue. But these are only temporary homes until my ada 60x45 and aquascape 900 are cycled. Then theyā€™re going in the trash.

any reason why youā€™re sticking with the stand? Plenty of options out there combo tank and cabinets...... do you have a budget in mind.
Iā€™m only sticking with the stand because I have just spent over Ā£60 on a new 25Litre tank and decor so I donā€™t want to be spending over Ā£40 really overall but if I improve the BiOrb could I keep a single male Betta in there ?

here is the link
. Iā€™m no expert so would suggest getting second/third opinions from this lot. I tried this before finding this forum.

pls note Iā€™ve got 2 biorbs with this installed, fingers crossed Iā€™ve had no issue. But these are only temporary homes until my ada 60x45 and aquascape 900 are cycled. Then theyā€™re going in the trash.

any reason why youā€™re sticking with the stand? Plenty of options out there combo tank and cabinets...... do you have a budget in mind.
Iā€™m thinking for the tank and stand (if a stand is needed) a budget of Ā£40

I agree with this, I'm sorry :(
They're popular because like the look of the design, but they're really designed to appeal to people, not to be good for fish. Once you understand more about what fish appreciate - namely, horizontal swimming space - you start see why the rectangular tank has been a staple in the hobby for so long. Oddly shaped fish tanks, ones that are very tall and narrow, tall hexagons, spheres, column tanks - they're not good for fish, and really limit what you can possibly keep in them. The lack of surface area for oxygen change, ability to plant, lack of footprint for bottom dwellers too, difficulty in cleaning and maintenance, all of these things make it even more unappealing to most serious hobbyists. The volume limits it, but even that volume is more workable when it's in a rectangular shape so fish have more horizontal swimming space and is much easier to maintain. These are really a rip off given how much they limit your options and how expensive they are.

Personally I'd sell this one, and scour gumtree and other online sale places and look for a half decent second hand tank that's 60 litres or more. Would really open up your options. I got two 60 litre tanks that came with heaters, filters and lights for less than Ā£40 each. Neither of mine would be large enough for swordtails which get quite large, but guppies, endlers, bettas, and a whole range of schooling nano fish can work (depending on your water GH etc) in that volume with that footprint, and you can plant too.

If it were me, I'd sel
I got a new tank and stand for only Ā£80 and have decided to try marine fish for the first time I am a complete newbie so Iā€™ve joined reef2reef forum for help with my marine tank Ibe wanted a marine aquarium since I was like 6 or 7

Attachments

• BBBBF2B1-5AE8-4171-9DC5-8852C2D8C6F2.jpeg
    BBBBF2B1-5AE8-4171-9DC5-8852C2D8C6F2.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 40
I never knew about the marine section here I will check it out :)
Congrats on the lovely new tank, and fulfilling a lifelong dream! I've never had saltwater, @Chad is our saltwater expert, you should look through his posts and check out some of his youtube videos :) Bulk Reef Supply on youtube are also good, I know Thomas on there is very good, used to follow him when he did freshwater info for Big Al's and then briefly had his own aquaria channnel before moving to BRS. He's great, very knowledgable, yet very good at explaining things in a way that beginners can understand.

Wishing you all the luck, and I hope you start a journal thread to log your progress so we can follow and cheer you on :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back