HELP - something on our log...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Starry^

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:huh:

we just discovered a white/clearish fungisy type goo looking growth in a bit of our log, has anyone experienced this on any of their logs or things? Its a proper aquatic log/tree root, aquarium safe etc.
we add bacteria to the water once a week for our filter.. andvery regular water changes..
not suer what it is, and if its good or not? any suggestions? :blink:

:thumbs:

Starry^

never had that before ...Sorry :( I have had a few off white fuzzy's that float now and again but have never figured out what that is either. Looks kind of like dandlion fluff ?

Maybe some one will come along who knows

Good Luck in your search :thumbs:

once the tank is established there is no reason to add bacteria as it will produce it's own. it may me planaria or something along those lines. If you are worried take the log out and wash it.

If the bacteria you are adding is like "Cycle" it does recomend adding it weekly to help the fishes slime coating, but I think that is a marketing stratagy to sell more cycle. As Tanked says, once the tank is established adding bacteria shouldn't be necessary, unless you still want to add it when introducing new fish to help with the extra load placed on the tank.

heya!

well Bud says that we have been adding bacteria to the tank every week since we've had it - which has been about 5 - 6 weeks now - not quite sure, so anyway - we will probly stop adding bacteria soon and let the tank do its thing - we took the log out today and gave it a good scrub and put it back in the tank, just having a quick look there - some of the stuff is still on the log!!I scrubbed it really well!!! grrr :crazy:
anyway Im sure it will be oki until next cleaning - Bud cleaned all the gravel today - so the fish shud be feeling extra happy and clean.
making sure of course to keep loachys lil hidey hole intact ( he is starting to get rather territorial over it now...)hehe :wub:

:thumbs:

Starry^

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back