April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

pepper169

Reaction score
Hey guys i have 3 corydora catfish i have had for a while now and i have never had any issues with them. today when i got home from work i went to feed them and i noticed one was sorta laying on it’s side and wouldn’t move so i tried to pick him up with the net (i honestly wasn’t sure if it was dead or not) and he didn’t really move and let me pick him up( usually a challenge and they run when i bring out the net) i placed him down and he started swimming in circles upside down then ended up landing on his back and didn’t move so i decided to move him into a bucket by himself just in case he is sick so he won’t hurt my other fish. both my other cories seem okay. i thought it might be swim bladder at first so i put in a few peas with him but he started twirling around in the bucket again and this time landed on his side. then i noticed a white spot on the side of him?? i don’t know what it could be?? is it swim bladder or is it something else? all my water primiters are great so it wouldn’t be the water that is the issue. i also just did a water change 2 days ago and this has never happened before and like i said both my other cories are perfectly fine swimming around like normal. i took a picture of the side of the sick one of anyone could tell me what is wrong please :)

Attachments

• 1A0F9162-9B55-47C5-A283-507EA7DAFB93.jpeg
    1A0F9162-9B55-47C5-A283-507EA7DAFB93.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 5C985199-D502-4C60-AB9E-32FA36131244.jpeg
    5C985199-D502-4C60-AB9E-32FA36131244.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 91
Hey guys i have 3 corydora catfish i have had for a while now and i have never had any issues with them. today when i got home from work i went to feed them and i noticed one was sorta laying on it’s side and wouldn’t move so i tried to pick him up with the net (i honestly wasn’t sure if it was dead or not) and he didn’t really move and let me pick him up( usually a challenge and they run when i bring out the net) i placed him down and he started swimming in circles upside down then ended up landing on his back and didn’t move so i decided to move him into a bucket by himself just in case he is sick so he won’t hurt my other fish. both my other cories seem okay. i thought it might be swim bladder at first so i put in a few peas with him but he started twirling around in the bucket again and this time landed on his side. then i noticed a white spot on the side of him?? i don’t know what it could be?? is it swim bladder or is it something else? all my water primiters are great so it wouldn’t be the water that is the issue. i also just did a water change 2 days ago and this has never happened before and like i said both my other cories are perfectly fine swimming around like normal. i took a picture of the side of the sick one of anyone could tell me what is wrong please :)
swim bladder?
a mental issue?

I have no idea they were all fine this morning? i thought maybe swim bladder but the white spot on his side has me thinking something else. i could be wrong though

I have no idea they were all fine this morning? i thought maybe swim bladder but the white spot on his side has me thinking something else. i could be wrong though
maybe it is a bacterial infection?

Don't have a diagnosis, unfortunately, but in my experience, once they start lying on their sides and twirling through the water, they're gone. Only thing you can do is euth it. Lost a whole wee shoal of trilineatus (which is what that looks to be) over a period of months, even as other cory species in the same tank were fine. Asked cory experts and was told that captive-bred trilineatus are not hardy fish due to indiscriminate mass over-breeding, which makes them prone to disease and dropping dead.

Don't have a diagnosis, unfortunately, but in my experience, once they start lying on their sides and twirling through the water, they're gone. Only thing you can do is euth it. Lost a whole wee shoal of trilineatus (which is what that looks to be) over a period of months, even as other cory species in the same tank were fine. Asked cory experts and was told that captive-bred trilineatus are not hardy fish due to indiscriminate mass over-breeding, which makes them prone to disease and dropping dead.
yeah he died shortly after. i’m not sure how it happened but thank you for the information

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back