Help Sick Angel And Now Tetra Too

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

anne24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can someone help me please. I have an Angel fish who has gone off food and has white stringy poo, hes been hanging around behind the filter facing upwards ( not his normal behavior)
Now my beacon tetra has been swimming strangely, sometimes normally then spinning round and round and now today completely upside down, I have 2 days ago put the 1st treatment of Interpet 9# Anti Internal Bacteria as I thought this seemed the most appropriate. I have also been feeding with peas lately, although I do feed a varied diet of flake, bloodworm and cucumber, peas etc.

Am I doing the right thing and is there anything else that I can do.

Many thanx

xxxx

today my angel is floating on the botton of the segragation tank stuggling to get of the floor and ends up spinning around in circles.........every so often he gets of floor for about 1sec then flops back down..................ive added anti internal bacteria from interpet........i have 4 rainbow fish, 1 altum angel , 1 clown plec 2 beacon tetras 1 of which suffers same but everything else is fine.........

Is the fish spinning really fast as though it chasing it tail.

A few of my fish did that. They later died and we found out that there was a disease in the tank. You could have the same problem or there might be something wrong with the amonia, nitrite levels etc...

Elfy Alex

Hi Guys

Thanx for all your help and advice. Unfortunatley the Angel fish died this evening, my other Angel is sick too and their is no change with the tetra. I have performed a 25% water change on the advise of my lfs (the only 1 I could find open on bank holiday!!)

Wilder, I looked at the link (thanx) but my fish dont have any bodily deformations, boil/nodules or colour changes and the Angel only seemed to behave like this when I put her in the breeder! Her behaviour in the tank was to hang out beside the filter, head up to the surface and not move around much or eat, then earlier today just drop to the bottom leaning to 1 side.

I'm just gonna keep doing small water changes and 2nd treatment of Interpet 9# Anti Internal Bacteria and keep my fingers crossed!! Unless anyone feels I could use a different treatment.

Thanx again guys

xx

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back