Help! Reduced Flow In Fluval 3+

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dant1875

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm currently running a Fluval 3+ & a Tetratec ex600 in my tank, but over the last few days the Fluval flow has gone seriously downhill. I've done the usual with cleaning the filter media & even taken the impeller out & cleaned it but nothing works! The flow is still really bad with just the powerhead by itself - any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Dan

my other half cleans my fluval 2, and what he does is:

he will clean out the filter, blow into the fluval nozel with the impellor off and it usually clears all the gunk out

try this and let me know if it works :good:

Have you checked the Quick release hose connector for debris ?

The other thing I found that prompted me to change the Crinkle pipe you get with Fluvals to clear smooth hose was once I had an unexplainable reduction in power and it turned out to be loads and loads of muck in the inlet pipe, could not work out how it all built up in the pipe but there you go.

my other half cleans my fluval 2, and what he does is:

he will clean out the filter, blow into the fluval nozel with the impellor off and it usually clears all the gunk out

try this and let me know if it works :good:

Thanks very much - will give it a go later & let you know :)

Have you checked the Quick release hose connector for debris ?

The other thing I found that prompted me to change the Crinkle pipe you get with Fluvals to clear smooth hose was once I had an unexplainable reduction in power and it turned out to be loads and loads of muck in the inlet pipe, could not work out how it all built up in the pipe but there you go.

Thanks for the reply - but mine's the internal filter that's having the iss ue!

Hi all - just to update - I haven't been ignorant I've been rowing with my internet provider :lol: . Thanks Haych - I did as you said & it's been fine ever since :good: . Well that's about it - thanks again.
Dan

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back