Help: Rasbora Galaxy White Spots On Skin || rasbora disease

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ArmoMan

Reaction score
Hi, I bought 5 Danio margaritatus and the next day, a white spot appeared on one of them and he died. Now, another one is having the same issue. Please, can someone tell me what type of disease is this?
IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

Hi, I bought 5 Danio margaritatus and the next day, a white spot appeared on one of them and he died. Now, another one is having the same issue. Please, can someone tell me what type of disease is this?
View attachment 306880
View attachment 306881
View attachment 306882

View attachment 306883
View attachment 306884
The photos arent exactly focused so I can't really see much.

But you did say "white spots". Likely to be ICH. It can be caused by stress which fits the agenda as you said you've bought them a day ago.

How big is your tank? Whats in it? Please provide your water parameters (ph, temp, ammonia, nitrite, etc). Im guessing its a new tank, if so it is very probable the issue is your water.

Provide the information above so that me (or other more experienced people) can support you further.

It is not Ich, but.indeed a quite specific disease which hits this fishspecies.
There have been more threads on several forums but we never knew the cause.

Last edited:
I would in such a case check with the store to see if their remaining stock of this species is being similarly affected. If it is, they should grant you a refund. And maybe return the remaining fish you have--probably this will spread (@DoubleDutch do you think so?). And do not acquire any more of this species from this store.

I would in such a case check with the store to see if their remaining stock of this species is being similarly affected. If it is, they should grant you a refund. And maybe return the remaining fish you have--probably this will spread (@DoubleDutch do you think so?). And do not acquire any more of this species from this store.
@DoubleDutch and @Byron I think it's probably from a disease that came from the shop. I just read their comments on google map and some of the people are complaining about diseases that came from that shop.

I and many other members have had the same issues. It seems to be incurable which could point to a possible viral issue.
Strange thing is there seem to be always individuals that aren't affected / don't get sick.

Getting issues so fast after buying going back to the shop indeed is a good idea (always in duch cases) .

So far my experiences. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back