Help!! Possible sick Female betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Grubgutzz

Reaction score
Hi!!

I'm new to this but I need some help. I have a smaller betta sorority with 4 girls, I keep them in a 35 gallon planted tank with heater and filtration. I've kept bettas for a while without any big issues(this tank has been going for a year, had another set of bettas before this but they passed when I was suddenly evacuated from my home for 2 weeks without electricity:(). Anyways, this girl is the newest addition to my tank. She was added after the other girls, but she doesn't seem to be picked on very much at all and has actually seems to be sort of running the tank.
For the past few days shes been staying in one spot in the aquarium, not eating much, acting sort of depressed. She also just sits there and seems to be breathing heavy. She is carrying eggs right now, but I don't remember my other bettas showing this sort of behavior when carrying.
I added her to her own bowl about an hour ago just incase she is sick, also just incase shes stressed out. Shes still sitting in one spot... Breathing heavy. I just noticed a spot on her side that could be irritated, it looks slightly red and maybe a little damaged. She is a red, pink, and white betta though and I gave her red pellets the other day.
All of my other bettas seem to be thriving !! Im not sure what to do but if anybody sees this and recognizes this behavior please give me some tips. I really want all of my fish to be happy and healthy

Hi!!

I'm new to this but I need some help. I have a smaller betta sorority with 4 girls, I keep them in a 35 gallon planted tank with heater and filtration. I've kept bettas for a while without any big issues(this tank has been going for a year, had another set of bettas before this but they passed when I was suddenly evacuated from my home for 2 weeks without electricity:(). Anyways, this girl is the newest addition to my tank. She was added after the other girls, but she doesn't seem to be picked on very much at all and has actually seems to be sort of running the tank.
For the past few days shes been staying in one spot in the aquarium, not eating much, acting sort of depressed. She also just sits there and seems to be breathing heavy. She is carrying eggs right now, but I don't remember my other bettas showing this sort of behavior when carrying.
I added her to her own bowl about an hour ago just incase she is sick, also just incase shes stressed out. Shes still sitting in one spot... Breathing heavy. I just noticed a spot on her side that could be irritated, it looks slightly red and maybe a little damaged. She is a red, pink, and white betta though and I gave her red pellets the other day.
All of my other bettas seem to be thriving !! Im not sure what to do but if anybody sees this and recognizes this behavior please give me some tips. I really want all of my fish to be happy and healthy
Nevermind... Figured it out. Its dropsy unfortunately. I assumed the bloating was because of her eggs and didnt recognize it as anything else because she never sunk to the bottom or anything. I've been watching her closely all day and her scales just started to raise. She still isn't sitting at the bottom but when she moves away from her plant she does seem to sink a little but can still sit at the top without the plant. Shes in a half gallon tank by herself currently with a heater and a plant, I also gave her some betta fix but im not going to rely on that. I ordered some API aquarium salt and Kanaplex.. I really hope I can help her in time. All of my other fish still seem completely fine, all very active and eating normal. Should I treat them too? I know treating healthy fish with medication isn't the best but im very worried.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back