Help! Pleco has white patches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chadraptor

Reaction score
Hello, I'm posting about my pleco which I noticed has a weird white patch behind it's eye. Does anyone know what caused this and how I can fix it? Any help is appreciated.
IMG_6200.JPEG

@Colin_T can maybe help with this.
What size tank?
What tankmates?
What is your ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels?
Ph and GH?
How often do you change your tank water? How much water do you change at a time?
Do a 75% water change every day until the problem is resolved

@Colin_T can maybe help with this.
What size tank?
What tankmates?
What is your ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels?
Ph and GH?
How often do you change your tank water? How much water do you change at a time?
Do a 75% water change every day until the problem is resolved

My tank is 10 gallons with 2 black neon tetra. I change 50% of water every two weeks and I don't know about the levels, how should i test and fix them?

My tank is 10 gallons with 2 black neon tetra. I change 50% of water every two weeks and I don't know about the levels, how should i test and fix them?
You can buy and API master test kit or go to your LFS and ask them to test it for you, if you do this make sure they tell you the exact numbers so you can post it here.
What type of pleco is it? Some can get to 2 feet long so a 10g just wont cut it :)
Neons also need to be in a group of at least 6 with 8-10 being preferred

I will try to get the test kit and I think my pleco is Lasiancistrus tentaculatus
If it is that type it only gets to 5 inches, which is good

This type of pleco doesn't seem to be commonly sold in pet stores so I am thinking it is probably a common pleco.
@Deanasue @Retired Viking @Byron May be able to identify it

Looks like a bristle nose female with a nasty sore. You can swab it with methylene blue a couple of times a day. Is it eating? Do daily 75% water changes for 10 days and see how she does. No salt with plecos! If it worsens it may be bacterial and you’ll Ned a bacterial med.

Looks like a bristle nose female with a nasty sore. You can swab it with methylene blue a couple of times a day. Is it eating? Do daily 75% water changes for 10 days and see how she does. No salt with plecos! If it worsens it may be bacterial and you’ll Ned a bacterial med.
Where do I get methylene is there a specific product you recommend for that? Also thanks for the help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back