Help Please?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well I've learnt my lesson & I won't be using Methylene Blue again. Not only has is killed all my good bacteria but it's dyed all my deco & gravel blue.

I've changed all my water, cleaned the gravel & filter & installed new sponges with some media from my other tank, I've only got a couple of artificial plants left.

On the bright side I can now get the drift/bogwood I've been wanting & go for a natural look in my tank with some real plants :)

Also I've just moved the Goldfish into the pond. I will certainly miss them but I think they will be a lot happier there.

Well I've learnt my lesson & I won't be using Methylene Blue again. Not only has is killed all my good bacteria but it's dyed all my deco & gravel blue.

I've changed all my water, cleaned the gravel & filter & installed new sponges with some media from my other tank, I've only got a couple of artificial plants left.

On the bright side I can now get the drift/bogwood I've been wanting & go for a natural look in my tank with some real plants :)

I've used it before and I just bleached my rocks and tank real good. Even got rid of the stain on the silicone seals. I had a few rocks that were indigo after that, but they just blended in with the other colors of the pea gravel. The vast majority of the rocks look like they did originally. My decorations came clean for the most part as well. I've used bleach lots of times to clean things and not had any issues. I just rinse it really well and then put about two gallons of water in a bucket and dump in a cap full of Prime to neutralize any chlorine left.

Thanks afremont, unfortunately I've already binned the deco, I didn't think there was a solution to sort it. One more thing learned anyway :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back