Help Please,photos Included

evofish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my biggest clown loach is really badly swollen he has'nt been out of his cave in about a week and lies down most of the time

Tank size:48inchs
pH:
ammonia:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:40
kH:
gH:
tank temp:26.5

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:40% every 2 weeks

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible): will attach photos soon
IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

I am far from an expert, but just looking at it I'd possibly do some research on "dropsy" from what I've read it's rare in clown loaches, but I saw a thread on another forum where the fish looked similar to yours.

Best of luck!!!

Darryl

I'm the same, still learning. Hopefully Wilder will be along to give some advice, he's like the forum's fish medic.

Best of luck, Keith.

I would say he is suffering from some bacterial infection that is flooding his body with fluid, it also looks like his eye is sticking out too far too. Put him in a separate tank and run a course of antibacterial medication (eg. Myxazin) I would also take your catfish out and treat him too with the look of his cloudy eye that could be bacterial too. Increase your water changes to weekly too, although your stats are fine, testing does not show up bad bacteria.

Hope this helps.

Just spotted in the second picture down an ornament of some sort (looks like father Christmas) the paint looks like it is coming off, is it an aquarium safe ornament? I would recommend you remove it with the paint coming off the clown could have eaten a piece of the paint thinking it was a flake of food and he has a blockage.

Try feeding some cooked pealed crushed peas just in case as well as the med.

Just spotted in the second picture down an ornament of some sort (looks like father Christmas) the paint looks like it is coming off, is it an aquarium safe ornament? I would recommend you remove it with the paint coming off the clown could have eaten a piece of the paint thinking it was a flake of food and he has a blockage.

Try feeding some cooked pealed crushed peas just in case as well as the med.

Agreed with all of the above,

I'd also add that personally i would have a bit of a clear out in the tank, a good gravel clean and the removal of any dead leaves and bits of debri which are apparent in some of the pics,

All of the clutter (for lack of a better word) makes it hard to maintain properly which allows bad bacteria to develop and go undisturbed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back