FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ashwate20

Reaction score
EMERGENCY!!!!: I purchased a betta 4-5 days ago and he was put in a heated and filtered 2.5 gallon tank. I noticed he had fin rot shortly after purchasing him but he was eating just fine. This morning I woke up to him with white fuzz covering him (I’m guessing fungi) and most of the color gone from the scales. The fungus was not there yesterday. His head was above water and he was balanced on a leaf. 12 hours later he is barely moving whatsoever. I have added API Bettafix hoping to aid in helping the situation and unplugged the heater. I’m afraid he will die tonight. I don’t understand how this happened overnight...
image.jpg

Do a huge water change immediately. Please never use bettafix, while it says it's for bettas it is dangerous due to their labyrinth organ.

You can do 75% water change every day till we figure this out or you start a fungal medication. I would reccomend either API fungus treatment or Jungle fungus clear.
Why did you unplug the heater? Just a question... the temperature change may have stressed him out even more

If it’s fungus the heat will slow down the growth. Turn the heater back on.

Definitely fungus/fin rot. As @Deanasue said, if it is fungus, the heat will kill it. If your heater is adjustable, turn it up a bit.

Do a large water change right now, with de chlorinated water. Never use betta fix Or Melifix, because it could damage the bettas labyrinth organ.

Definitely fungus/fin rot. As @Deanasue said, if it is fungus, the heat will kill it. If your heater is adjustable, turn it up a bit.

Do a large water change right now, with de chlorinated water. Never use betta fix Or Melifix, because it could damage the bettas labyrinth organ.
Heat won’t kill the fungus but it will slow the growth. You’ll still need something like API Fungus Cure to kill it. Not sure it’s fungus though. It could be excess mucous. I would do the daily water changes for 10 days and see how he does first. @Colin_T what do you think?

Heat won’t kill the fungus but it will slow the growth. You’ll still need something like API Fungus Cure to kill it. Not sure it’s fungus though. It could be excess mucous. I would do the daily water changes for 10 days and see how he does first. @Colin_T what do you think?
The API fungus cure worked well for me. :)

Jungle fungus clear works well too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back