Help new babies !t

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It'll be ok until you get a breeder box tomorrow at fish shop. Get floating plant too and put some in the breeder box. Crush those pellets you have and sprinkle in with fry 3 times a day. Not too much at once. When ever I had some extra at the bottom I would clean the fry box. Gently poured the fry into a big hug, cleaned box, put them gently back in. I did water changes on the main tank daily and within 2 weeks my Fry had great growth. They then went back into main tank.

It'll be ok until you get a breeder box tomorrow at fish shop. Get floating plant too and put some in the breeder box. Crush those pellets you have and sprinkle in with fry 3 times a day. Not too much at once. When ever I had some extra at the bottom I would clean the fry box. Gently poured the fry into a big hug, cleaned box, put them gently back in. I did water changes on the main tank daily and within 2 weeks my Fry had great growth. They then went back into main tank.
Thanks .so exciting !my lfs probably wont have a breeder box .he only has bare necessitys probably have to order on line and wait

Thanks .so exciting !my lfs probably wont have a breeder box .he only has bare necessitys probably have to order on line and wait

He might do, sure ring him and see instead of driving in. I got mine on Amazon. If you're ordering plants Seahorse Aquarium are pretty quick. Midland Aquatics too.

But yeah it's really exciting! Especially cause you weren't expecting it. As they get a bit bigger like in 2/3 weeks the kids will love watching them. They swim very fast but will come up to the glass when my little ones is there. Big eyes on their tiny bodies like little cartoons :rofl: these are my 2 month old ones.
MVIMG_20200927_140434.jpg
MVIMG_20200925_194441.jpg
MVIMG_20200925_194438.jpg
MVIMG_20200925_194349.jpg

Last edited:
Ive caught about 15 in here . Theres loads more and still popping out of her !Is this suitable for a while ? Will the water get toxic in there ? I have some stab holes in the bottle . Tips on how to look after them ?
Looks like a brilliant solution! And much more spacious than a typical breeder box. :) I would do daily water changes inside the bottle, if you pour the water you've removed into a clear or white tub, you can check for little eyes and movement before tipping it out. I use a white bucket for water changes on tanks with fry because it's much easier to see their little eyes against the white background than when I had a dark bucket for water changes.

I've never used the micro pellets so don't know their size, you could try them and see if the fry are able to eat them. Or could crush them into a powder if you have a pestle and mortar or some other other way to crush them fine. Bear in mind that fry will be absorbing the yolk for the first 24 hours, so don't be alarmed if they don't eat right away.:)

He might do, sure ring him and see instead of driving in. I got mine on Amazon. If you're ordering plants Seahorse Aquarium are pretty quick. Midland Aquatics too.
I have already ordered some duckweed earlier today .its supposed to be delivered by friday . Must go fishing again now to see if I can cat some more.
Looks like a brilliant solution! And much more spacious than a typical breeder box. :) I would do daily water changes inside the bottle, if you pour the water you've removed into a clear or white tub, you can check for little eyes and movement before tipping it out. I use a white bucket for water changes on tanks with fry because it's much easier to see their little eyes against the white background than when I had a dark bucket for water changes.

I've never used the micro pellets so don't know their size, you could try them and see if the fry are able to eat them. Or could crush them into a powder if you have a pestle and mortar or some other other way to crush them fine. Bear in mind that fry will be absorbing the yolk for the first 24 hours, so don't be alarmed if they don't eat right away.:)
Ok
Thanks I'll do my best .:)

I love the castle, I have been lucky with guppy fry surviving and with platy fry too. I guess I gave them plenty of places to hide and fed the adults enough to leave them alone. This is a picture of my guppy tank which is also for my little granddaughter. I must have 20-30 guppy fry in there now and a couple of adult platys too. The 2nd picture is my platy fry tank, they are now young adults. 12 out of 13 survived, I took the adults out a week or so after finding the fry. I was not sure if they would leave the platy fry alone but they do not seem to be going after the guppy fry.

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_210950727.jpg
    IMG_20200703_210950727.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 95
  • GEDC1484.JPG
    GEDC1484.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 111
Really ?its just the water from the main tank doesn't flow through it really . It might be difficult changing the water in the bottle every day?
It's up to you. You could get a breeder box so you wouldn't have to do so many water changes. But fry also grow better with more water changes, and with that size bottle, you could probably do changes every 2-3 days instead of daily, depending on how mucky it gets.

Or you could enlarge the holes a bit once the fry grow a bit, they'll be a god bit bigger in a weeks time :)

But your choice :)

I love the castle, I have been lucky with guppy fry surviving and with platy fry too. I guess I gave them plenty of places to hide and fed the adults enough to leave them alone. This is a picture of my guppy tank which is also for my little granddaughter. I must have 20-30 guppy fry in there now and a couple of adult platys too. The 2nd picture is my platy fry tank, they are now young adults. 12 out of 13 survived, I took the adults out a week or so after finding the fry. I was not sure if they would leave the platy fry alone but they do not seem to be going after the guppy fry.
Love your castle . I think the top bits of the castle are full of fry hiding out . I have about 20 now in my makeshift bottle

It's up to you. You could get a breeder box so you wouldn't have to do so many water changes. But fry also grow better with more water changes, and with that size bottle, you could probably do changes every 2-3 days instead of daily, depending on how mucky it gets.

Or you could enlarge the holes a bit once the fry grow a bit, they'll be a god bit bigger in a weeks time :)

But your choice :)
Cool .2 -3 three days wouldn't be too bad . I do have a busy enough schedule. How long do you think if they live they could be safe in the main tank ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back