Help My Red Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daniellemichelle

Reaction score
Hello my tropical fish tank has been fine for over a year now i have 4 Gourami

2 res 2 blue and some tetras and 2 algi eaters 2 corrys and 2 plecs and 2 silver sharks and some random red fish unsure what they are and they have all been fine together for about 9/10months and for some reson since yesterday one of my red Gourami

have gorn from swimmig around really happly and now i keep finding it on its belly on the gravil at the bottom of the tank and when i put my hand in to move my filter as it came slightly unstuck and it was in the plastic plant and i fort it would swim away like normal but it didnt i had to push it (odviously very gentally!) and it didnt even tryy get away and it keeps swimming for a little while than layong on the floor again can any one elce help me figure out whats gpin on ?:) thank you !

Attachments

• 20130625_144003.jpg
    20130625_144003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 64
Can you fill in this please? 

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Its a 6 foot tank and i dont know any of the other stuff the tank is fine and healthy have had no fish die or anythink even had baby guppys not long ago there is nothink new in the tank he has gorn a little bit white on hkm bes been layed begind the air strip for nearly 2 hours
All my other fish desided to get in the way when i got cam
ra out lol

Did you cycle the tank before adding fish? Or did you just fill it and add fish? 

daniellemichelle said:
Its a 6 foot tank and i dont know any of the other stuff the tank is fine and healthy have had no fish die or anythink even had baby guppys not long ago there is nothink new in the tank he has gorn a little bit white on hkm bes been layed begind the air strip for nearly 2 hours
All my other fish desided to get in the way when i got cam
ra out lol

Well, it would be unusual if all of your fish got sick at once. And unfortunately you have no idea how clean your water is by looking at it. Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates (toxic to fish) don't make your water cloudy! So a test kit is extremely important.

The reason we even ask is because virtually all illness is brought on by a fish being exposed to waste in the tank, which weakens it's immune system and opens it up to illness!

Lethargy like that could be anything, internal infection, bullying, nitrate poisoning, etc. So testing your water is very important. Regardless, I recommend a 25% water change ASAP.

I have had my tank for over a year and iv grown up with tanks he passed away that eavning so am now looking to rehome my blue ones as iv seen them bullying and nipping my other fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back