Help my Molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Podey2003

Reaction score
Hi. Im a bit worried about my Molly. I noticed he had a red mark near his mouth 3 days ago which seem to disappear over night! Then yesterday I noticed a couple of white spots on his fins and today he has more spots on his fins and now tail and what appears to be a yellow spot behind his fin. The water was changed yesterday and all the readings appeared fine. He's his usual manic self, flying around the tank and still eating. The 1st pic is the red spot the 2nd is today with the spots on his tail and the yellow dot near his fin. Its a 50ltr tank and he shares with 2 tetra and 2 Guppies.
20200407_223033.jpg
20200410_201557.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, could you give us the exact readings of your test? What size tank is he in and what tank mates?

I can't remember the exact figures and I'm waiting on some more test strips tomorrow. Ph 7.6 The only thing that did stand out was my ammonia levels were a little high 0.5. It's a 50ltr tank and shares with 2 guppies and 2 tetras. Ive been and got some whitespot medication and had my water tested at the local shop who agreed the Ammonia are a little high but otherwise good. Hopefully this will sort him out. Are the red spots and yellow spoy on the pics normal with white spot?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back