Help my fish is sick!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
most single africans are pretty aggressive, I'd expect a lone convict to be the same

I'd bring the fish back to the LFS and start over again. Decent cycle, information from better sources and a then a balanced group of fish.

Update everyone!!
I removed the problem fish and my severum is looking much better. He isnā€™t being bullied and is swimming around the tank happily.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My local fish store who is reliable sold me these fish together (excluding the African) and said they would be fine together. I really like the severum and donā€™t have another tank(except a29 gallon) so I guess Iā€™ll have to put him there until he grows or just give him back. Sad but must be done.
I use to work in a fish department of one of the largest pet chains.
Most of the workers never experienced the exceptional work and love of fish keeping.
Some stores provide a "training work shop." It's a study guide with a test. After a few days, the new hire is suddenly versed to remember all 10,000 species of fish kept as pets. Whereas, there is an estimate of 33,000 species, or more, & the mix up of subspecies looking like something they aren't making a worker interacting with a customer that goldfish in the tank is not a goldfish, it's a Nemo fish. That is just an example.
It's best to research & study the fish you desire & it's compatibility before buying.
And this forum is wonderful, definitely this is a good source to find folks who have, can, & will share what will help long term.
The advice, thus far, sounds accurate, lil' guy is scared, there's bullies in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back