Help! My betta is looking bad..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I’m not seeing much improvement. I think he is starting to shut down. He’s not that excited when it’s food time anymore and he never plays with me like he used to. :(

I have been doing the 40%-50% water changes every day and still no new developments. He is an old Betta....

He also appears to be loosing scales around his eyes. :(

Pretty much the same, I don’t think he’s going to last the next week. :(

Did you do the aquarium salt? If you don’t do as we suggest then we can’t help you. Can we see a recent pic? You got to treat him! Go get some Jungle Fungus Clear as I suggested last Sunday. Why aren’t you trying? This is Blaze! What he is going through is not from age, it doesn’t happen like that. This is neglect at this point!

Last edited:
I’m not seeing much improvement. I think he is starting to shut down. He’s not that excited when it’s food time anymore and he never plays with me like he used to. :(

I have been doing the 40%-50% water changes every day and still no new developments. He is an old Betta....

He also appears to be loosing scales around his eyes. :(
75% w/c...not 30-40%. Why aren’t you going by instructions?

This is a copy of what I told you to do last week. Please do it today. Go get the Jungle Fungus Cleat. It may be too late now though.
Are his his scales raised? I’d start with daily water changes of 75% and aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per every 5 gallon$. Be sure to dissolve the salt first. After first day do the 75% water changes and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. If it worsens or doesn’t improve in a couple of days then we’ll have to look at meds. Jungle Fungus Clear is good.

Yes, I just noticed his scales where raised today, I have done a 75% water change and have dosed the proper amount of salt.

Yes, I just noticed his scales where raised today, I have done a 75% water change and have dosed the proper amount of salt.
If he’s pineconing that treatment will sadly no longer work. That was to treat his fungus. The only chance he has know is Kanaplex and Furan-2 together. If you can’t afford that, then I would euthanize him. It went too long. :(. I ‘m sorry.

If he’s pineconing that treatment will sadly no longer work. That was to treat his fungus. The only chance he has know is Kanaplex and Furan-2 together. If you can’t afford that, then I would euthanize him. It went too long. :(. I ‘m sorry.
There’s hope, try bettafix (may suffocate betta) but worth a try.

Please don’t use Bettafix or Melafix on him.

He’s an old Betta, over 2 years old. He had a great life. I am just going to keep him comfortable. :(

They don’t pinecone and get fungus from old age. I can’t stand that you are just ignoring it. Bettas can live 4 or 5 years if cared for correctly. If he is pineconing then he is filling with fluid. That becomes very painful. Can we please see a pic? He may need to be euthanized to be humane. Here to help if you need me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back