FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My betta (Blaze) is looking very bad. I noticed it this morning because he was swimming in the very back of the tank. When he finally came out, I saw this...
FF9A9BA6-2344-425C-B413-22B15E5846F2.jpeg

160AEC43-7309-4758-93FA-EDA33E7E275B.jpeg

It looks super bad, on his belly. I have no clue what it is. It looks like maybe fin rot? Please help! @Deanasue , what are your thoughts?

Looks like it could be a bacterial infection, not sure though.
I would do extra water changes and use your basic fish treatment. For bacterial infections I’d recommend Esha2000.

I’ll check into that, thanks. So it’s not life threatening?

@Deanasue , @Metalhead88 , what I saw your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks guys. I’ll treat him and see. I’ll keep you posted.

PheonixKingZ ... I would wait just a bit longer for others to respond. Meanwhile do very large water changes daily. Not sure if it’s a fungus but I’m no expert on fish ailments.

Last edited:
PheonixKingZ ... I would wait just a bit longer for others to respond. Meanwhile do very large water changes daily. Not sure if it’s a fungus but I’m no expert on fish ailments.
Same here it looks like something under the skin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no. Poor Blaze! I too think it looks like something under his skin but may be a parasite..? How is he doing?

Are his his scales raised? I’d start with daily water changes of 75% and aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per every 5 gallon$. Be sure to dissolve the salt first. After first day do the 75% water changes and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. If it worsens or doesn’t improve in a couple of days then we’ll have to look at meds. Jungle Fungus Clear is good.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back