Help my arowana

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cmcdougle18

Reaction score
So i got my arowana about a month ago and he had a little tint to his eye but i just kept getting worse. Now it is pretty cloudy and im stuck not know what to do. My ph is at a 7.5 And i water change weekly so if anyone has any ideas please let me know

So i got my arowana about a month ago and he had a little tint to his eye but i just kept getting worse. Now it is pretty cloudy and im stuck not know what to do. My ph is at a 7.5 And i water change weekly so if anyone has any ideas please let me know
You’ll need to post a picture so someone can help.

what is the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate level in the water?

received_860537497743969.jpeg

I cant get a really good picture but its very noticeable by the human eye. Not so much by one side of him but when he looks at me and i cam see both eyes i can totally tell his eye is opaque

Hmm.. maybe just a "Simple" fuzz eye? Or fungus? I'm not that good with diseases, ask @Colin_T or @Byron. ;)

(Nice fish btw)

what is the ammonia level in the tank?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks. see if that helps.

make sure you are feeding it a varied diet. it looks skinny.

what is the ammonia level in the tank?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks. see if that helps.

make sure you are feeding it a varied diet. it looks skinny.
Yes, i have tried to feed him so many different things from krill, talapia, earthworms, super worms, crickets, and guppies. He will only take krill or guppies so i don't have any idea what to do. I thought about getting vitamin supplements and soaking the food first but id like a second opinion first. And are you sure such a Jurassic water change wouldn't kill him. My ammonia is at 0, i tested yesterday after investing in a master test kit.

Yes, i have tried to feed him so many different things from krill, talapia, earthworms, super worms, crickets, and guppies. He will only take krill or guppies so i don't have any idea what to do. I thought about getting vitamin supplements and soaking the food first but id like a second opinion first. And are you sure such a Jurassic water change wouldn't kill him. My ammonia is at 0, i tested yesterday after investing in a master test kit.
Ph is at a 7.8

A big water change won't kill him unless you don't declorinate the water first. I do 70%+ water changes in my tanks every week and it is generally recommended to do big weekly water changes as you remove more of the waste in the water at once.

A big water change won't kill him unless you don't declorinate the water first. I do 70%+ water changes in my tanks every week and it is generally recommended to do big weekly water changes as you remove more of the waste in the water at once.
Ok but im not to informed about declorination. I put quick start in the water out of the faucet and let it sit 10 minutes but anything more than that wouldnt the temperature change? And do you have any recommendations on what i should try and feed him, right now he eats nothing but krill and guppies

Do you mean API Quick Start? If this is what you used it is a bottled bacteria product and will do nothing to remove the chlorine/chloramine that water companies use to disinfect drinking water. You need to use a product which removes chlorine such as API Tap Water Conditioner. Chlorine harms fish and kills the beneficial bacteria we need in the tank.

Do you mean API Quick Start? If this is what you used it is a bottled bacteria product and will do nothing to remove the chlorine/chloramine that water companies use to disinfect drinking water. You need to use a product which removes chlorine such as API Tap Water Conditioner. Chlorine harms fish and kills the beneficial bacteria we need in the tank.
Thanks im on my way to get some. Water has dosent have much chlorine anyways but better safe than sorry. I think its malnutrition he hardly eats anything only krill and guppies

I wish there was more transparency about what fish products contain and what they are for! The manufacturing companies are deliberately obtuse to get sales and that leaves owners confused and fish suffering. So wrong. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back