Help my angel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tobytyke245

Reaction score
So yesterday I woke up came downstairs and went to feed my fishy friends. I then noticed one of my Angel's had a small pinprick hole on the right gill. The eye was a little swollen but not much. Now today I have woke up and gone straight to check my angel and it's got much worse. Any one know what it is, it it just swelling and infection from an injury or is it a disease?

Attachments

• 20200927_083959.jpg
    20200927_083959.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200927_084032.jpg
    20200927_084032.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 60
That’s a popeye disease which cause by poor water qualities.

Do 50-75% daily water changes and substrate clean and add salt; rock salt, pool salt or aquarium salt (if you’re using rock salt make sure there is no Iodine added in)
Also do you have any bacterial infection med?
Read more about the disease here

What other fish are in the tank?

The hole could be caused by a catfish pectoral spine or something in the tank poking a hole in the gill cover.

The eye and gill area are infected and inflamed.

-------------------
You can try salt as mentioned above, use 2 heaped tablespoons for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep salt in the tank for 2 weeks and see if it helps.

A broad spectrum fish medication might help.

Quick update was doing 50% daily water changes. Got some anti bac medication from my lfs. The eye and gill looked like there were getting better but he wasnt eating. Unfortunately I lost him I buried him in the flower pot this morning

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back