Help Me With Ideas For What To Put In My Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JustuhFish

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I just put my fish in my tank and i only have a rock and two plastic plants. This is why i need ideas for what to put in it and where. I have an idea to put alot of plants on the right for a little forest but idk tell me what you think.I have 2 Oscars, 1 Senegal bichir, and 1 bala shark but ill soon add more balas later.

Do you have a picture of the tank, so we can give a better opinion? :)

You can post pics though the forum or a photo sharing website like photobucket, you said it was a 250 gallon tank right? Your gonna need a lot of decoration for even one side with just plants lol, pics would help though, your oscars would enjoy large areas to swim as well.

If you want plants with an Oscar, stick with plastic with weighted bottoms.  They like to redecorate your tank for you.

I can't see your pics.  It says your library is set to private.

Ok thanks! and sorry just know fixed it for public now you should be able to see.

It's a good start.   I like to hardscape first than put the plants where they look like they would grow in nature.  A nice piece of driftwood might help fill the tank out.  I also like small foreground plants.   I have a thread called my fish journal with a few tanks in it if you want to see what I mean.  A lot of people have some really nice setups in the picture threads for inspiration.  The one thing I used to do was try to rush buying everything, even if I thought it was ok looking.  Every time I would do that I would run across something better than not have the room for it.  So take your time and have fun with it.

Most plants as has been said your Oscar is just going to mess up. You could try things like anubias with it though. These should be attached to driftwood or rock. You could try floating plants too but they might get nibbled on.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back