help me with ADD

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ADD/ADHD is a.blanket.diagnosis by "professionals" that do not understand what it is that you are going thru. Some have speculated, recently, that is was a gag that started in the 70's to push through the new SSRI/SNRI's that were being developed to treat things in mental asylums and such. Unless a complete life history is taken, along with a massive amount of other data, coming to this diagnosis is simply someone taking a.shortcut. They have deemed your symptom pattern to.follow a broad margin of diagnostic guidelines, and with the intent to start you down a path of legal speed,.for lack of a better term.

You more than likely don't have the mythical ADD. You're probably just bored.

Some people who's minds are connected differently, see life differently. They are able to.do stuff most others can't. They can process multiple thought patterns (ie your description.of 3 songs at once to attempt a.focus on a single one...which btw ain't very difficult...haha...but I am a musician so that isn't fair for me to.judge....) at the same.time. Some can multi-task like nobodies business. Others simply have not found their interest, and get fed up with trying to feed the beast.

What you need to do to "cure" this insufferable "disease" you have been diagnosed with is first, forget the diagnosis. That places you into a box. To be fair, I would tell a.cancer patient the same thing. The reason is, it creates an emotional response within us when we become "diagnosed" with something, that ultimately.depending.on how one.takes it, could become detrimental to development. For a cancer patient, the diagnosis could be more deadly than the condition. So forget the label.

Second, remember one.simple truth. Nobody is anything in life other than who they are. Period. There is no need to say "I am this or that or the other" whatever the case may be. Simple say "I am". Leave it at that. That opens the doors of possibilities, because with a mind like yours, you're not going to run through life on rails, bound to a single.destination. Trying to force that will just make you miserable. Simply say "I am".

Third, find out what interests YOU. Not what others suggest. You may need to jump through a hoop here and there, as we all do in life, but, people with exceptional minds need to find what makes them tick. The reason why you got that diagnosis is because nothing presented to you so far has interested you. This means your mind will wander off into whatever DOES interest you. Keep a diary of these daydreams. What you were thinking about. Where you were. How it made you feel. Look for the pattern in it. This will help guide you towards what your purpose in life is. The thing that makes you tick. When you find that, you won't stray anymore. You'll develop laser focus. Keep in mind however, this still does not place you into a box. We don't do that anymore, remember? Simply "I am". You're not a tree. If what you found fizzles, then perhaps that wasn't it. You'll know it when you get it. You will feel it.

You more than likely don't have a condition requiring.a medication. You are not suffering a deficiency in.Adderal. You're simply bored. Another way to look at it is....gifted. Whatever you were put here for, if you figure it out, you'll knock it outta the park. That much I can promise you. If you don't, well, that's ok too.

See....they got it right in that movie, The Last Samurai. Think about the scene where he says "a life spent searching for the perfect blossom is not a life wasted". At the end, he realizes that all blossoms are perfect. He found his resolution...all be it a little late for the character, but the principle is sound.

Some folks want to be the rock, while others the water. Bruce Lee always said "be like water". He said that for a reason. If ADD is the rock, be like water.

Lots of motivational ideals here, but my main point is, never box yourself into a single way of thinking. Never get down on yourself if you don't fit in someone elses shoe. You simply are. As such, life is full of possibilities. We all make a choice to either fall into line, and stamp out whatever materialistic thing the others want, or we become water, and blaze a new trail. In the end, only we can judge our life. After all, we are the ones most affected by it.

Find your gift. This is the "cure" for this dreaded diagnosis. It is not the ball and chain most think. All I see when I hear that is there is a gifted individual who has not been taught that they need to find what makes THEM tick, instead being taught how to make OTHERS tick. Keep trying to cut through the noise, and find that single note. Instead of 3 songs, do 10! Knock down the walls. Like I said earlier, you may need to jump though some hoops here and there, but, ultimately, never stop looking for what makes you you, until that final breath comes, when you can rest, knowing you didn't waste your life pleasing others. You mastered pleasing your own spirit.

ADD/ADHD is a.blanket.diagnosis by "professionals" that do not understand what it is that you are going thru. Some have speculated, recently, that is was a gag that started in the 70's to push through the new SSRI/SNRI's that were being developed to treat things in mental asylums and such. Unless a complete life history is taken, along with a massive amount of other data, coming to this diagnosis is simply someone taking a.shortcut. They have deemed your symptom pattern to.follow a broad margin of diagnostic guidelines, and with the intent to start you down a path of legal speed,.for lack of a better term.

You more than likely don't have the mythical ADD. You're probably just bored.

Some people who's minds are connected differently, see life differently. They are able to.do stuff most others can't. They can process multiple thought patterns (ie your description.of 3 songs at once to attempt a.focus on a single one...which btw ain't very difficult...haha...but I am a musician so that isn't fair for me to.judge....) at the same.time. Some can multi-task like nobodies business. Others simply have not found their interest, and get fed up with trying to feed the beast.

What you need to do to "cure" this insufferable "disease" you have been diagnosed with is first, forget the diagnosis. That places you into a box. To be fair, I would tell a.cancer patient the same thing. The reason is, it creates an emotional response within us when we become "diagnosed" with something, that ultimately.depending.on how one.takes it, could become detrimental to development. For a cancer patient, the diagnosis could be more deadly than the condition. So forget the label.

Second, remember one.simple truth. Nobody is anything in life other than who they are. Period. There is no need to say "I am this or that or the other" whatever the case may be. Simple say "I am". Leave it at that. That opens the doors of possibilities, because with a mind like yours, you're not going to run through life on rails, bound to a single.destination. Trying to force that will just make you miserable. Simply say "I am".

Third, find out what interests YOU. Not what others suggest. You may need to jump through a hoop here and there, as we all do in life, but, people with exceptional minds need to find what makes them tick. The reason why you got that diagnosis is because nothing presented to you so far has interested you. This means your mind will wander off into whatever DOES interest you. Keep a diary of these daydreams. What you were thinking about. Where you were. How it made you feel. Look for the pattern in it. This will help guide you towards what your purpose in life is. The thing that makes you tick. When you find that, you won't stray anymore. You'll develop laser focus. Keep in mind however, this still does not place you into a box. We don't do that anymore, remember? Simply "I am". You're not a tree. If what you found fizzles, then perhaps that wasn't it. You'll know it when you get it. You will feel it.

You more than likely don't have a condition requiring.a medication. You are not suffering a deficiency in.Adderal. You're simply bored. Another way to look at it is....gifted. Whatever you were put here for, if you figure it out, you'll knock it outta the park. That much I can promise you. If you don't, well, that's ok too.

See....they got it right in that movie, The Last Samurai. Think about the scene where he says "a life spent searching for the perfect blossom is not a life wasted". At the end, he realizes that all blossoms are perfect. He found his resolution...all be it a little late for the character, but the principle is sound.

Some folks want to be the rock, while others the water. Bruce Lee always said "be like water". He said that for a reason. If ADD is the rock, be like water.

Lots of motivational ideals here, but my main point is, never box yourself into a single way of thinking. Never get down on yourself if you don't fit in someone elses shoe. You simply are. As such, life is full of possibilities. We all make a choice to either fall into line, and stamp out whatever materialistic thing the others want, or we become water, and blaze a new trail. In the end, only we can judge our life. After all, we are the ones most affected by it.

Find your gift. This is the "cure" for this dreaded diagnosis. It is not the ball and chain most think. All I see when I hear that is there is a gifted individual who has not been taught that they need to find what makes THEM tick, instead being taught how to make OTHERS tick. Keep trying to cut through the noise, and find that single note. Instead of 3 songs, do 10! Knock down the walls. Like I said earlier, you may need to jump though some hoops here and there, but, ultimately, never stop looking for what makes you you, until that final breath comes, when you can rest, knowing you didn't waste your life pleasing others. You mastered pleasing your own spirit.
"The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life."

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back