Help me position my new plants...

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So my crinum calamistratum has arrived this morning along with my red tiger lotus....but I'm having difficulty placing them!

20210922_101109.jpg

I know that the crinum can't be moved once it's been planted as they don't appreciate it one bit so I want to get it right the first time...I was thinking either in the corner near the inlet/outlet or off centre behind the big rock (which I'm debating taking out)

As for the lotus...I've no idea! I have a sword in the left corner that's not doing so well at the moment, I've just started feeding it with root tabs so I'm hoping it's going to make a come back, I already see new growth...but my eye automatically wants to put the lotus there... 😩 help!

lol my normal approach to planting is stick it in. Wait for it to grow, realise I have a 3ft long massive bush of a plant in the foreground and then move everything around.

I cant see very well from the photo what is already in there but I would put the crinum slightly towards the back of the middle in front of the filter intake.

The tiger lotus I would put in the space between the wood and the rock, close up next to the rock. will give a nice splash of colour to contrast against all the nice green you have going in the background and the dark of the rock and wood.

I might move the Hydrocotyle that's in the middle and replace it with the lotus...Good idea Barney!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back