HELP ME PLEASE........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I put this here because I know from experience that I will get reply's from the people I want reply's from if I stick this here............ ;)

My Opaline/Blue Gourami is bloating. His fins are deteriorating and he I think his scales are pokin'out!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :-( :-( :-(

Help me please...........is it bloat!!!!!

His head has a bump on it that was never there, just right on top. His side is bulging out.

I am going to put him in my 10 gallon right now after I type this. I cannot get to the petstore for meds until tonight around 5:00 and it's only 11:20 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!

My big question is can I use salt in there with him until 5........??? Will this help him until I can get some meds???? I have meds, but not for bloat?? Will salt start the healing process??

Thanks a million guys,

Tina

Bloated...scales popping out...doesnt sound good at all. Sounds like dropsy. Can you get a picture it would help alot.

NO, I can't really get a picture! :sad:

:dunno:

I have since put him in the 10 gal. and got some air going on for him. I don't think it has shocked him too much so that is good. He's got a tank full of clean water (the 10 wasn't set up :X )

I don't know if the salt will do anything for an internal problem, but until someone advices me otherwise I will hold off on that for the moment.........

HELP.............

'BUMP'

Last stage of dropsy i'm afraid to say it pinecombing of the scales, also he has some second infections there, sadly there is nothing you can do now, sorry.

Well you could but I don't hold out much hope, if you can issolate him you could try tetracycline a strong antibiotic.

You can try treating him with Mardel Freshwater Maracyn-Two, if he can make it until yo get to the store. It treats dropsy. I've never had a dropsy case but I read about this med.

Hi silver

I'm sorry, but I have to agree. If it's scales are sticking out and have the look of a pine cone, it's most likely dropsy in an advanced state. There's not much you can do for him at this point. :sad:

Hey the other replies come from people much more advanced than I am, so maybe its true. I'm sorry. I had a gourami die a few days ago from a bacterial infection. He was one of my favs. :-(

Thanks wilder and ravekiss!

HEY INCH!!!!! :hyper: ;) thanks to you too

:-( I guess I will treat with tetracyclin and just wait.
I'm not sure if his scales are really "pineconey" or not. They look a tad pokey by his head area, but that is because he is so swollen. :/

Thanks

He is still VERY puffy and buldgey almost everywhere..........

I hate saying this, and I know I could never uthinize (sp?) a fish, but if I stopped feeding him would that be an "inhumane" way of killing a fish......

please don't flame because I've never "KILLED" a fish before and am just asking a question.........

:unsure:

:-(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back