Help Me Aquascape This

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have got to a point where I have absolutely no ideas on how to scape my tank. If you have a minute to check out the video you'll see how uninteresting it looks right now. ANY SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED :good: :good:

ta chaps and chap-ettes

looks better than my tank XD add some slate maybe... dont know how expensive it is, but here in belgium its quite a few euros :p

btw is that a 60 litre tank...or 80?

looks better than my tank XD add some slate maybe... dont know how expensive it is, but here in belgium its quite a few euros :p

btw is that a 60 litre tank...or 80?

thanks Lawrence! I have a bit of slate in there which I've tried to cover in Java Moss..

Its a 125 litre tank.

Front measures 80 cm (left to right)
Front to back is 35 cm (sides)
Height is 45 cm

Add Hygrophila along the back left, maybe a Lotus on the right, something short right front (chain sword?).

a nice big bit of bog wood would look nice :)
because then it would go with the other plants :D
+ remember if you do get bogwood .. soak it for a couple of weeks ... or for the fast way (the way i done it) Boil the bog wood for maybe 5 hours :D and keep changing the water :)
and after you have boiled it, it won't make your water cloudy :good

+ its not that boring... you have just got bored of it :p

cheers Kitty Kat, Biddles95.

I am looking at more plants definately. Although the crypts I have are just strewn about the place and haven't been properly thought out.. are they able to be tied to bogwood or is that not the right idea with crypts?

I like the idea of a flowering plant that would be pretty cool :hey:

If I was to get some wood I would like to get some of that branch / twiglooking stuff..

If I was to get some wood I would like to get some of that branch / twiglooking stuff..

yes !! that is what i want for my 50 gallon cichlid tank i am getting.. but i don't know where to get it from and what is it actually called? :S i guess you could grow crypt on bog wood :) also an advantage of bogwood is that you will never get a piece the same :D But also that twiggy/wood things are very nice :D

yes !! that is what i want for my 50 gallon cichlid tank i am getting.. but i don't know where to get it from and what is it actually called? :S i guess you could grow crypt on bog wood :) also an advantage of bogwood is that you will never get a piece the same :D But also that twiggy/wood things are very nice :D

yep, i've not seen it in any of my lfs :/ Just had a little look around and I think redmoor wood seems to suit the bill!!

ahh yes that seems like the ticket ! :D
there is also that other kinda twigg/root thing... its like the redwood but its the other way up :)

like the wood in this :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Skbp05cltA&feature=related

hmm...i have a piece of wood which always made my dank smell wierd... might actually chop it in half and boil it! Thanks Biddles95

I think what youre looking for in Manzanita wood... more info about wood here http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/docs/aquascaping/wood.shtml

hmm...i have a piece of wood which always made my dank smell wierd... might actually chop it in half and boil it! Thanks Biddles95
its okay :) i only found this out from my dad about 7 years ago when his tank water went brown :S
and i done my bog wood the other day and it was great :D

ahh yes that seems like the ticket ! :D
there is also that other kinda twigg/root thing... its like the redwood but its the other way up :)

somewhere to get redmoor :drool:

i'll keep looking for the other stuff... hopefully someone might just tell us though! :hey:
omg brilliant site :p
thanks

:p isnt this fun
i deffinatley need to add wood to my cichlid tank :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back