Help! Massive algae growth

'Didn't do a water change for months and the algae cleared" Say that on ukaps or any other plant board and they would ban you.
The problem with not doing water changes is that element plant and animals don't need or are toxic will build up over time. And there is a lot of stuff in tap water. Strontium, lead, mercury, arsenic uranium are just a few that are probably in the water. Granted they are at low levels but it doesn't take a lot to become toxic. And this does happen in nature. Mono lake for example.

So for Isaacorth if not doing a water change does work I would advise to either do small once weekly water change (like one liter a week) or to do a larger water change months apart. This would help prevent the water from becoming toxic.

That's my advice for a planted tank. The plants take out the majority of what you don't want. After that I did say maybe 20% once a month is enough. In Co2 tanks everything is growing so fast that you need to make those big water changes and also fertilize right after that. It's why high tech is also high maintenance.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back