Help! Is this blood inside my fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

freshy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
115_1521.JPGCalling all guppy experts! (and non-experts as well)
Tonight I arrived home, fed the fishies and found a nasty bloddy spot in one of my female guppys gravid spot. Is this blood?
I did my weekly waterchange this Sunday. Tonight, ammo 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm nitrates 12 ppm.
She eats and swims well. Her beahviour doesn't seem affected. But I'm freaking out here 'cause a couple of months ago I lost another of my female guppys to a nast septicemia.
Is this what my guppy has? Could it be a failed pregnancy?
I have some Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Furan-2 capsules, but I don't know if medicating is in order or not, beacuse I don't even know what this is!!
Please help!!!!!! :crazy:

Has any body had any bloody spots like this in your fish?
I must mention that on my late "Petunia", things looked quite different, since she became lethargic and developed res streaks (not spots) and dropsy before passing away.
This one looks quite lively and hungry.
Any advice will be appreciated

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 37
Right!
I hope these are better. By the way, I forgot to mention that during the weekend her gravid spot looked darker and she seemed a little rounder, and I think she might have given birth during the night. She's only about 6 months old, hence she's a first time mom, I mean, "IF" this is really what I'm dealing with here. I'm leaning towards the failed pregnancy/remains of fry theory, but still...

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 56
There goes pic 2. Sorry about the quality, but she just wouldn't stand still!

Attachments

• 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 55
last pic... ideas?

Attachments

• 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 49
Pregancy gone wrong if she has darkened in colour she has an infection inside, the bleeding could be speticemia internal bleeding, so i would get her out and try a anti internal bactreria med med hope it work, fingers crossed.

Hi guys,
Thanks for your prompt replies!
This morning I checked up on her and the reddish spot was somewhat diminished in size and intensity, she could swim all right and her colouring in general seemed normal. I have my second tank occupied by fry so, I still feel unsure about medicating. I'll try to post a new pic. later for you to see how this goes.
Please feel free to keep on contributing.
Thanks again for the advice

Like us when fish die inside you the dead fish can cause infection inside.

It could be that shes not pregnant. My own guppies havent had a male with then for months now and the insides look the same as her, being red. just a thought though.

^Seriously? Makes you wonder if their bodies know how not to be preggers! Or maybe they suffer some sort of period as we do if left without pregnancy for a while. After all, if a woman was transparent in that area you would be able to see the area redden then disappear on a regular cycle.
Or I could be talking pap. :lol:
Hugs,
P.

Edited for crappy grammar.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back