Help Injured Dwarf Coral Blue Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tropicasarah

Reaction score
My dwarf coral blue gourami suddenly had two sores on him last week. They seemed to have almost healed until yesterday when they flared back up again. They're swollen and look bad, but he doesnt seem in discomfort. The tank has been treated with a multicure (malachite, methylene etc) for white spot last week, so I doubt its a fungus...
DSCF6332_800x600.jpg
DSCF6333_800x600.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/sarash29/DSCF6340_800x600.jpg

Ok hi im realtly new to gouramis but i do know they suffer from internal bactiria that causes saws realy easly i would suggest give some meds anti internal bactiria is a good one to try

Ok hi im realtly new to gouramis but i do know they suffer from internal bactiria that causes saws realy easly i would suggest give some meds anti internal bactiria is a good one to try

ok, thanks, think Ill hafta go shops tomorrow for some.

NEW UPDATE: hes getting worse. Brown patches...
20111113_114306.jpg
20111113_114156.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/sarash29/20111113_114134.jpg

Yeh he is looking quite bad so the anti bac didnt help hhhmmmm

Theres nothing else i can suggest considering you have to wait a week and do a water chnge before trying other meds by then he may be worse or dying hhhmmm

Its not nice to say but if you feel hes gotten to bad and hes gone through alot while having this illness then unfort u may have to consider putting him to sleep

The anti bac should of killed off any bactiria the only disease i know of that dsnt repond to anti bac (as its a genetic disease) and it is incurable is DGD it presents itself with ulcers weight loss etc and it will unfort take his life :(

I mean im having problems with mine myself mine looks fine

Just acting funny and not eating so unfort gouramis arnt the most sturdyest of fish :(

Yeh he is looking quite bad so the anti bac didnt help hhhmmmm

Theres nothing else i can suggest considering you have to wait a week and do a water chnge before trying other meds by then he may be worse or dying hhhmmm

Its not nice to say but if you feel hes gotten to bad and hes gone through alot while having this illness then unfort u may have to consider putting him to sleep

The anti bac should of killed off any bactiria the only disease i know of that dsnt repond to anti bac (as its a genetic disease) and it is incurable is DGD it presents itself with ulcers weight loss etc and it will unfort take his life :(

I mean im having problems with mine myself mine looks fine

Just acting funny and not eating so unfort gouramis arnt the most sturdyest of fish :(

Well, in the last 10 hours Ive lost almost $400 of fish. Can I take any action against the pet store? Thats the only recent addition to my tank - 5 phantom glass (of which I now have 1). !?!?!?! WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I suppose if you had proof the fish u recently bought has killed that many then you could phone and ask about it

But tbh you may not get any where i mean if u feel tge fish in the shop are not looked after the u cld phone your form of rspca (sorry dnt know what state ur in) but theres not much to be done

Unfortunetly :(

yeah thats what i figured. :( just put tetracylcine treatment in, now to wait, unless anyone can identify the patches?

No offense but that fish looks malnourished. Any thoughts to possible internal parasites that may have gotten in through that lesions?

Your gourami definatly has a internal bactirial infection parasite proberly wouldnt get through the legsions as they arnt open wounds (i dnt think) but an bactirrial infection would make him loose weight as well but this does sound a little like DGD

But dgd wouldnt of effected your other fish unless they are also gourami

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back