Help Iding This Plant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrazyDiamond88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just bought it from my LFS.

He said it produces a blue flower if it grows about the water level.

Ignore the hair grass and the val behind it x)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 95
Not sure about the real name for this, but my LFS sells them as "temple plants"? lol. I didn't know they have a blue flower though!

Okay thanks all!

That's awesome, because I was looking through an aquarium plant book and liked the look of hygro corymbosa.

Then at the LFS I just chose the plant I liked the look of as they weren't labeled. And it happened to be the hygro :D

Several of the hygros also go by the common name of temple plant, I'm with the others, it's a corymbosa.

Another question;

Does it look ok in my tank?

I'm thinking to put more micro sword going in front of it to create more of a gradual transition between foreground and background.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 98
It looks great. You are aware that it'll grow like a weed once it's got settled in, aren't you?

Thanks!
I was worried about that :/

It seems hard to find a suitable broad leafed plant for such a small tank. I'd like broad leaves though for my betta.
I'm very open to suggestions.

Crypts area smaller broad leaf plant, but would look great in there bc you've got a smaller tank. And the difference between the foreground and a crypt wouldn't be so large and hard to fill in :)

Thanks green mumma! I will go to the LFS and pick some up today.
I've always loved the look of balansae and ones with vertical leaves. I wonder if my betta will be able to rest in those.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back