Help Identifying Skin Disease

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gazzzz

Reaction score
Hi,

For the second time in a month my betta has developed an off-white colouration along the top of his body. It looks a bit like a scab, but it does not look 'fluffy' or 'cotton wool-like' as fungus would. I have a picture, but couldn't get one in focus! ;) ...any ideas on what it might be would be greatly appreciated!

Last time he had it I was also treating for fin rot, and it seeemed to come and go by itself. However, the fin-rot treatment also treates other problems so it'shard to say whether that fixed it. The fin-rot is not getting better (slowly) but this has come back. It appeared very quickly - almost overnight.

DSC00661.jpg

Many thanks!!!
Gaz

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there are some rocks. The thought did occur to me, but it looked quite severe for a scratch. Also, the last time he had this, it was one large, wider patch on top of his head. If it was a scratch I don't think it could have occured in that pattern by accident - I think he would have had to hade rubbed himself against the rock a few times. Do you think that's posssible? Are they know to rub themselve against things?

...he is a strange fish..... wouldn't put it past him! ;-)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back