Help Identifying Shrimp Specie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Had to google ellobiopsidae as well, hmm, have never come across this before to be entirely honest.

I actuallythought the green stuff in abdomen of that shrimp was eggs at first then took a closer look and dismissed it as being food like algae wafer or something like that due to it being green.

But looks rather gruesome for the shrimp to have this fungal disease.

General query. Do shrimps not have green or even yellow tinge in stomach when they eat a lot of algae wafers or whatever foods in the aquarium?

Had to google ellobiopsidae as well, hmm, have never come across this before to be entirely honest.

I actuallythought the green stuff in abdomen of that shrimp was eggs at first then took a closer look and dismissed it as being food like algae wafer or something like that due to it being green.

But looks rather gruesome for the shrimp to have this fungal disease.

General query. Do shrimps not have green or even yellow tinge in stomach when they eat a lot of algae wafers or whatever foods in the aquarium?
Yes, they do. If they eat carrots for example they will have an orange “line” thru their abdomen. I feed live baby brine to my chili rasboras regularly which are in my shrimp tank and they often swim to the top to catch and eat the brine. You can see the color difference from the usual pellet or algae they eat when they do this. However this is not the case here as the green “thing” is not in the abdomen It’s on the swimmerets and it’s definitely not eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back