Help identify little Critter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
It looks like a flat snail, its hard to explain but it look sort of like one side of a mussel on a glass. The shell is almost see through.

I understand it probably does exactly what those lil snails do as it goes along the glass its probably about 2-3mm long. and 1-2 mm wide.

I hope you can help me identify it!

Thanks

I know its probably not...but do u mean ramshorn snails ? :blush:

Had a snail that lost his shell once. That would have described him. Kind of an embarrasing thing for a snail as they have no hands to cover their genitals.... :rolleyes: :blush:

No its definately not a ramshorn, I've got two of them and they did just lay some eggs :lol: :lol: But I am sure, what I see is like flat on the glass, ramshorns have like a spirally shell (hence ramshorn) which really sticks out, unless the babies are different but my sources didn't tell me that : :lol:

Thanks When the eggs hatch I'll see what I get ;)

I think so, suddenly found 1 egg batch has gone but I have a lot more of these little buggers in my tank :D :D Well spotted Stickle.

Got a pic of them both together
snaileggs.jpg

Yes I know, but just above the egg sack theres what I assume is a baby ramshorn ;)

Sorry I didn't make it clear by together I meant a bunch of eggs and a snail ;) I wonder how fast the blighters grow :)

If I get too many I may try a bit of livefood for my platies :devil:

well considering their my biggest fish unless I wanted sushi they aren't going to get fed to anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back