Help Id This Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qwertylol52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i saw this fish at my lfs today and liked it alot..however i did not buy it as i do not know what it is and the ppl there does not know either...shocking huh? it is small, bright blue with black stripes..pls help me id it and let me know if it is hardy or not and how to care for it...thanks

i saw this fish at my lfs today and liked it alot..however i did not buy it as i do not know what it is and the ppl there does not know either...shocking huh? it is small, bright blue with black stripes..pls help me id it and let me know if it is hardy or not and how to care for it...thanks

Attachments

• P1244_08-01-10.JPG
    P1244_08-01-10.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 93
looks like an electric blue cichlid. (an african cichlid) IF It's right, they can get pretty big (I saw one almost 10") and they're fairly aggressive. so you'd need at minimum a 60+ gallon tank to raise those puppies. and they'd need to be with other aggressive type Cichilds (They'd pick on smaller fish so they'd have to be around the same size as well... unless you have a very large tank that gives plenty of elbow room)

so I am not sure. It looks like a cichlid of some kind. Maybe a cobalt blue zebra african cichlid with and electric blue african cichlid hybrid or something. but it looks like a cichlid.

Looks more like A demasoni Cichlid, max size is around 4"-5", A 29gallon would suffice if you didnt have many cichlids, but as always, the bigger the better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back