Help! I think I have a Cory Fry?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello! I need some help! I have an empty (or so I thought) 10 gallon tank, it used to be home to a group of dwarf Cories and Pygmy Cories, before I moved them to my 55 gallon tank about 2 or 3 weeks ago I think. Well today, I was planning on moving them back, so I was cleaning up the 10 gallon to make it nice for them, when I found THIS
6E813F8B-3396-4282-AAC6-E0E83C82CB4F.png
217068B2-4059-4475-9300-D86F658B35BB.jpeg

Is it a cory fry? If so WHAT DO I DO

Hello! I need some help! I have an empty (or so I thought) 10 gallon tank, it used to be home to a group of dwarf Cories and Pygmy Cories, before I moved them to my 55 gallon tank about 2 or 3 weeks ago I think. Well today, I was planning on moving them back, so I was cleaning up the 10 gallon to make it nice for them, when I found THISView attachment 135947View attachment 135948

Is it a cory fry? If so WHAT DO I DO
Congratulations on the shock baby lol it looks like a Cory to me but I don’t know if honestly put it in with the group doubt they’d eat it

Ahhhh. Ok, I am really glad it’s not a worm or a leech or something! Is there any way I can figure out if it is from my Cory Hastatus Or my Pygmies? Is it possible for them to cross breed? The little baby is swimming around, I feel awful, I thought it was a piece of like dead plant and tried to suck it up, but it was half way up the siphon and it started freaking out and swimming and I was like “AHHHHHH ITS ALIVE” and screamed for my sister lol.

Would it be safe to continue with my plan and put my adult Cories in the 10 gallon with it?

Any experienced Cory people have a guess on its age? I never saw eggs!

I would hold off for now. Cory fry are crazy small, as you have probably seen.
Yep. It is so smallo_O My mom Used my aquarium plant thingy to poke around and see if there were any more hiding, we didn’t see any but who knows!

——-

The only food I have on hand right now is TetraMin Tropical Flakes, Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs, Freeze Dried Tubifex worms, and freeze dried blood worms. What would be best for this little guy? I know they don’t eat for the first few days, but not knowing how old she is I want to be prepared! I could see if my brother could run me to the pet store too later today

@Byron I know you had some Pygmy Cories spawn, how old do you think this little guy is? Does it look like your Pygmy Cory fry, or do you think it could be a Hastatus? I have had my Hastatus a couple months longer than I had the Pygmies

——
I think the Cories are celebrating, lol. I haven’t seen the Pygmies come out of hiding in over a week, and now they are zipping all over! Must be excited about the baby;)

Pygmy cory fry, put it in the tank with the adults...Hastatus IS a pygmy cory, one of the 3...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back