FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They are bladder snails I suggest you start picking them out.. you can freeze them to end them :) one or two are ok, but I had one or two three weeks ago and now have over 200 of the little buggers!!!!
I had bladder snails come in with plants. I pick out the bigger ones (they are still less than 3/16”) and crush the smaller ones (about the size of a mustard seed against the glass, up to 20-30/day. It’s not at all enjoyable. They are also in the sponge filter compartments, and I think that’s where they are breeding. The tank has mainly cherry shrimp, so puffer fish are out. I don’t overfeed. Snail traps don’t work with them, and they ignore lettuce leaves and zucchini.

I had bladder snails come in with plants. I pick out the bigger ones (they are still less than 3/16”) and crush the smaller ones (about the size of a mustard seed against the glass, up to 20-30/day. It’s not at all enjoyable. They are also in the sponge filter compartments, and I think that’s where they are breeding. The tank has mainly cherry shrimp, so puffer fish are out. I don’t overfeed. Snail traps don’t work with them, and they ignore lettuce leaves and zucchini.
I can catch about 5 on a blanched piece of cucumber 😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back