FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

oc.eannn

Reaction score
why is there snails in my tank and i never bought any snails make sense. HELP ME PLEASE WHAT THE HECK. AND WORMS

Attachments

• B841A9B6-14CD-4422-80FF-1942974CE23A.jpeg
    B841A9B6-14CD-4422-80FF-1942974CE23A.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 71
how do i get rid of them. Now im scared to clean my tank too because what if THE WORMS GET ME TOO
Squish them against the glass with your finger.

A lot of people may reccomend buying another animal to deal with them, this is the wrong advice. Do not buy one animal to deal with another

I have 2 species of pest snail in my tanks but there numbers are small as I don't over feed my fish. They need a lot less food as you'd think. Mammals need a lot of food as most of it is used keeping us warm. Fish get their temperature from the water so they don't use any food for this.

The snails are helpmates as others have mentioned. The white worms are probably planaria (can't tell from the one photo), as sign of feeding too much and not cleaning the substrate. Planaria live primarily in the substrate and feed on organics (including uneaten fish food). Feed sparingly; for example, a betta does not need more than a flake or two each day if feeding flake food.

They are bladder snails I suggest you start picking them out.. you can freeze them to end them :) one or two are ok, but I had one or two three weeks ago and now have over 200 of the little buggers!!!!

Squish them against the glass with your finger.

A lot of people may reccomend buying another animal to deal with them, this is the wrong advice. Do not buy one animal to deal with another
best snail solution? a couple of pea puffers
that tank will be snailess in a matter of weeks...
some people like snails some don't....assassin snails can do the job but require much larger numbers and will also multiply
people will always overfeed no matter what others suggest...hence the vacuuming the substrate "as a water change"
I have snails in my shrimp tank which I use to feed my puffers...but if I had snail explosions they would eat the plecos food
it's all a matter of balance and what the tank and its habitants need
snails = free food for pea puffers xD

best snail solution? a couple of pea puffers
that tank will be snailess in a matter of weeks...
some people like snails some don't....assassin snails can do the job but require much larger numbers and will also multiply
people will always overfeed no matter what others suggest...hence the vacuuming the substrate "as a water change"
I have snails in my shrimp tank which I use to feed my puffers...but if I had snail explosions they would eat the plecos food
it's all a matter of balance and what the tank and its habitants need
snails = free food for pea puffers xD
Only if the tank and tank mates are suited for puffers… they have pretty specific requirements

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back